back to article Dell calls to consumers with coloured Inspirons

Dell has revamped its Inspiron laptop line with a set of three models all available in a choice of eight "vibrant" colours and with a pick of Intel or AMD processors. Dell Inspiron 1520 Dell's Inspiron 1520 The family comprises the 1420, 1520, 1521, 1720 and 1721, with 14.1in, 1280 x 800; 15.4in, 1280 x 800; and 17in, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Hi, I'm a Mac..."

"...And I'm a PC. Would you like a joss-stick, daddyo...?"

2. Giles Jones Gold badge

Branding

It's not about colour, it's about branding. Owning a Dell is like driving a Ford, they're common as muck.

While this Dell is equivalent to a Sport Ka with a nice paintjob, it's still a Dell.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Branding?

No no no, Dells aren't Fords, they're BMWs. Acer is a Ford. Hp is Vauxhal.

4. Paul F

Colors do not a Mac make.

It still has a crummy hinge and over-all cheesy look to it. No smooth lines, display latches sticking out, shoddy plastic, tray load optical drive, all add up to a pretty cheap looking box.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The important question is.....

Which colour goes the fastest?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They've Done This Kind Of Thing Before

I have an Inspiron 3800 from seven or eight years ago which has a coloured bezel around the screen and the keyboard. I had a choice of green, red, blue or the same grey as the rest of the case.

So adding spot colour is something Dell have done before. If only the machines weren't quite so gimcrack.

7. Andy Bright

A better solution to attracting these sorts of customers..

The type of person that wants to buy brightly coloured computers would probably be more easily snared if they offered colouring books and crayons instead.

8. Rick Damiani

Dell systems

Not all Dell models are crappy. You buy Inspiron or Dimension and you get a cheap box with older and lower-spec components. Latitude or OptiPlex moves up up a bit, but the really nice professional stuff is from the Precision line.

9. Dan Price

Re: The important question is...

oh come on, everybody knows "red wunz go fasta"...

10. Cardin Smith

Now Available in the UK

Dell is now selling these on their UK Site, although at the moment you are only getting the colour and the webcam choice in the 17" model (Inspiron 1720).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like