back to article Microsoft Band 2 wrist watchers in pay-first-ship-much-later rage

Microsoft’s online shipping and delivery service is in the dock, this time angering fans of Redmond’s Windows wearable. Hopeful owners of the Band 2 are complaining about Microsoft having taken their money but not delivered the goods. Band 2 is due to launch in Canada on 20 November, but the firm has been taking orders with …

1. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

How much?

Band 2, priced priced at $2,495-$3,318.90

1. Erroneous Howard

Re: How much?

I was wondering what it did for that price. It would actually have to do the exercise for me to be worth it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Joke

At that price I'd expect it makes me fit without much exercise...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

At that price I'd expect it to do teleportation and other similarly cool shit.

2. John Robson Silver badge

That looks like a sum, so I get $900 for getting one of these?

I might even be tempted at that price

2. Tom Womack

" $2,495-$3,318.90 " seems renarkably high for a fitness band, and indeed remarkably high for an Apple Watch; it's listed at £199.99 from www.microsoftstore.com

3. cat_mara

Kids today...

Remembering the 80s, and Sinclair Research's rather liberal interpretation of "allow 28 days for delivery", this seems positively mild by comparison...

1. Stoneshop
      Joke

Re: Kids today...

"allow 28 days for delivery"

They could just as easily state 'next day delivery', as without specifying which day it would be next to you'd still be in the dark.

2. fishman

What a bunch of precious snowflakes.

Why, in my day, I'd have to wait 6 months and have to walk uphill 10 miles in 6 feet of snow to get to the post office to pick it up.

1. werdsmith Silver badge

Consumers in developed countries have been around tech purchases long enough to know how it works. Weeks, months? Nothing more than I would expect.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Correction is in order

99.99 USD for the band, 249.99 for the Band 2 in the US MS store.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

W[ho]TF

Would pay to send more personal data to Microsoft?

Windows 10 in your pocket, band2 on your wrist and a free knob to stick to your forehead.

I suppose the only good bit on the horizon is some crypto locker type windows malware will safely excrypt all your data in the MS Cloud so they can't get at it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: W[ho]TF

Er... anyone who wants to use a smart watch/fitness tracker probably uploads the info to a cloud service of some sort. If they want extra functionality like showing messages/appointments then it may well need some connectivity.

You're obviously not the target market so please return to under your rock/bridge.

2. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Re: W[ho]TF

Please, enlighten us. Which one doesn't when used properly?

6. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

"Microsoft having taken their money but not delivered the goods."

I had to laugh long and hard when I read that line. I mean when have Microsoft ever behaved like that before? Who could've possibly guessed what would happen?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it just my imagination

Or is Microsoft doing it's best to chase every customer away?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

$2,495-$3,318.90

price them high and they shall flock to your garden in great numbers :)

1. Efros

Re: $2,495-$3,318.90

You are Steve Jobs AICMFP!

9. Breen Whitman

I am Canadian and have received mine. I am questioning the accuracy of the step counter.

When carrying out that most Canadian of pastimes - bludgeoning fur seals, it counts each hit of the seals skull twice. Once at raising the swing, and once at impact. Shouldn't one seal skull equal one step?

1. gregthecanuck

Unbearable

It's obvious - you are hitting the polar bear behind you directly on the head with your vigorous backswing...

10. armyknife

Step Change?

Seriously I must have one of these or something similar, as one can't exercise without having the experience mediated by some form of gadget, surely?

1. Indolent Wretch

Re: Step Change?

Unlike many other fitbit and apple watch type doohickeys the band and band 2 actually have GPS in them so they are useful to joggers who don't want to lug their phones around.

11. Cuddles

"shouldn't ship yet"

I'm confused. Why the fuck not? If they're finished and ready to ship, what possible advantage is gained by refusing to ship them to people who have already ordered and paid for them?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like