M Burns - "Decisions, decisions" - invisible ad?

This topic was created by DavidRa .

1. DavidRa

M Burns - "Decisions, decisions" - invisible ad?

I've narrowed it down to El Reg. Something is playing M Burns from the Simpsons, very badly, trying to say "Decisions, decisions". Comes out more like "De ... cisions ... dec ... is ....ions". Never heard what comes after, but I've got no clue where it is.

Actually - just heard more, for the first time ever - Decisions, decisions, so many gourmet ingredients f... <cut>. It was even on this "new topic" page, before.

Seriously guys, I understand you need to pay the bills, but this is exactly the sort of stupid ad that makes people find and install ad blockers. Random sounds? Auto-playing poor quality ... supermarket ads (I'm guessing here)?

2. Vimes

Not the first time this has happened. Happened to me too with other adverts. It's almost as if the sound starts playing first *then* they check to see whether it should be playing at all.

It would be nice if they could ban sound for their ads on this site. It doesn't work well, adds nothing to the adverts that actually makes people want to click on them, and just encourages people install an adblocker to stop all the unwanted annoyances.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Vimes

...or install an adblocker... :)

(Edge doesn't seem to have that option, nor does Firefox unless I've missed something)

1. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon