back to article Malware authors declare start of World War III (again)

It beggars belief that anyone would think that they'd first hear of World War III through a spam email. But hackers are relying on such credulous fools in an attempt to spread a new Trojan. Widely spammed emails with subject lines including "Third World War has begun", "20000 US Soldiers in Iran", and "US Army crossed Iran's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Goat Jam
    Joke

Bugger

So, WW3 hasn't really started? Goddamn, I was hoping to find something interesting to watch on the telly for a change.

2. Alan Donaly
    Paris Hilton

I think they are ahead

of their intended targets by a few light years. I assume malware deployers read and comprehend the news, the people (I use the term very loosely) they are likely to get with this tactic don't know anything about Iran, Isreal, or the tensions in the middle-east. They need to dumb down if they want to do really well try pointing to the latest sex tapes by some well known blond for example.

3. heystoopid
    Linux

Hmmm sounds more like a subplot in a bigger picture or is it ?

Hmmm , sounds more like a sneaky backdoor NSA subplot in a bigger picture with the media release section at the Pentagon rereleasing crap photo shopped pictures allegedly released by the official Iranian Revolutionary Guards Web Media as the real deal ! Undoubtedly , just another play toy released by the General Mike's old other boys spy on all internally/externally communications kindergarten play group (all foreign non US owned energy giants are fully targetted for some strange reason and numerous "Red Storm Rising" plans are constantly being reviewed and redrafted in the Pentagon as well ?) in Maryland just to add fuel to the fire before January 10th 2009 !

Oh how low can they go , but they still have a lot of ground to make for in what the total number of machines that were infected with the SONY-BMG malware of 2005 which came as an unwanted and unasked windoze only guest on many audio CD discs that year , and those that wanted to blow the whistle were threatened with dire consequences and a Jeffrey White take down order under the DMCA Act !

Reason number 12501 to change and upgrade to another OS system !

Truth may be stranger then fiction ?

4. Pierre
    Unhappy

World war?

Or war against the world? Because this one started long ago, brought to you courtesy of The Republican Party...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@Goat jam

So, WW3 hasn't really started? Goddamn, I was hoping to find something

interesting to watch on the telly for a change.

And what is wrong with "R U smarter then a microbe"?????

Paris - cause there are games she knows how to play.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Bugger

You can watch it melt in the brief femtoseconds before the afterlife begins..

7. D
    Black Helicopters

Iraq's controversial decision to continue building a nuclear plant?

I'm pretty sure that was Iran's decision to build a nuclear reactor in Iran. Unless you know something that we don't?

8. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

@Goat Jam

According to my inbox, a plane has just crashed into the White House, 'injuring hundreds'. I would have clicked the link, but the 'girl-on-girl Angelina Jolie/Jennifer Aniston sex video EXCLUSIVE' was just too tempting.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is there something we haven't been told?

"Iraq's controversial decision to continue building a nuclear plant was used to bait attacks designed to spread a series of Trojans back in 2005, Sophos reports."

Would that be a bit like "Iran's controversial decision to continue building a nuclear plant was used to bait attacks designed to spread a series of Trojans back in 2005, Sophos reports."?

10. Chris G

No, really it has

WW III actually is starting at this moment. It's all due to the butterfly effect. An old lady in Wimbledon was complaining endlessly about the rising prices in the local shop to the Pakistani shopkeeper, it pissed him off so much that when his father in law in Pakistan phoned him asking for more money to be sent over, he told him to fuck off ( in Urdu ).

Of course that put his father in law in a bad mood, he in turn had a real go at the Al- Quaeda terrorist who was lodging with him. The father in law finally chucked the terrorist out of the house. The terrorist is now so pissed off that he has finally told his terrorist cell to set off the vest pocket bomb they bought from the Khazakstanis some years before and which is tucked away in Bhagdad. So, now it is time to put your head between your knees and kiss your arse goodbye!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah, yes...

I've been getting various forms of these for two or three months, on a fairly regular basis. The Iran ones only started up fairly recently, but there were GOBs of them talking about another earthquake in China, saying that an earthquake had knocked Beijing flat. In stilted language, though, of course.

Sometimes I think I should hire myself out as a malware copy editor...

12. sauerkraut
    Flame

up to us krauts again?

does this world really need us krauts to start world wars? can't you do anything on your own without our help? if yall rely on us to start the next world war you'll have to wait for a loooooooooooooong time.

13. Chris
    Pirate

Ere, you don't suppose...

...WW2 was a false rumour too?

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nothing new ...

There will always be those who will click on links like that no matter what you say to them ...

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Might have missed it

I was waiting for iTunes to authenticate my iPhone so I was kind of distracted.

16. Bruce Walker

Iran not Iraq

Your article say that Iraq is pursuing nuclear ambitions. Hmmmm. Does G.W.Bush write for you?

17. Phil Endecott

Iraq?

> Iraq's controversial decision to continue building a nuclear plant was used

> to bait attacks designed to spread a series of Trojans back in 2005

Iraq? In 2005? I suspect an off-by-3 error in the last byte.

18. theotherone

now all you need

is to get Tom Cruise to play the leading part...

19. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Gleetings Flom South Pacific..........

Gleeetings an grad tidings flom seclet sout pacific eyeland.

How WWIII stat wen WWII no end ?

Rong rive Mikado!

Pallis Hirton cos she Mikado favolite.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Its Okay, false alarm

Its just Tom Clancy trying to sell his new book

21. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

Bummer for CNN.

They're just going to have to broadcast reruns of other wars to fill the time then.

22. Tom
    Black Helicopters

Cool. Only a problem for Europeans, Old Blighty and the Left Coasts

Everybody else here in the States knows that when WWIII really starts, Ollie North will be covering it live on Fox and it will all be over in time for the recap at 11.

23. Mark Roome
    Coat

Re: up to us krauts again?

What!! A german with a sense of humour? about the war?

Quick, someone call Ripleys!

24. tony trolle
    Alien

pizza

WWIII or ww 3.0 will be preceded by large orders of pizza in Washington DC. No point to the above remark just one of life's odd little facts.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like