back to article Ex-SpaceX tech launches class action over unpaid overtime

A class action lawsuit has been filed against SpaceX by a former "structures technician" at the company, who alleges that between June 2013 and February 2015 he was not paid for the regular overtime hours he was asked to put in. The action has been brought by Stan Saporito on behalf of Californians who worked at SpaceX and …

1. imanidiot Silver badge
    Joke

Costs have to be cut somewhere. And given the last launch a "structures technician" probably had plenty of work to do.

1. NoneSuch Silver badge
      Mushroom

Ahh, lawsuit

At least the lawyers on both sides of the argument will make a few bucks.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Ahh, lawsuit

Unhappy people find it harder to build working rockets...

2. Gazman

Re: Ahh, lawsuit

@NoneSuch

Lawyers only ever act on the instructions of a client.

So let's k**l all the clients. Oh, wait ... hang on a minute ...

2. MyffyW Silver badge

In a new low for my powers of speed reading I saw "directing its employees to alter the time records" and thought Musk was about to appear as a baddie in Doctor Who.

1. Rick Brasche

Musk in Dr Who?

beats the BBC adding the latest pop tartlet they're trying to gin up a music or acting career for.

an episode where we see Musk really wants to get to Mars because he's secretly an alien in disguise whos supposed to send humans to the Red Planet...as FOOD....:)

but defeated in the last minute by the Sonic Screwdriver (there will be NO "sonic sunnies" on MY watch! ) causing a simple pump to overpressurize a tank on a critical liftoff...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More tax payer money on the way

As noted by several journalists, all of Elon Musk's businesses rely on tax payer money for their very existence. Investors may be in for quite a surprise in the not so distant future when the creative accounting at Tesla is finally disclosed. Musk has issues at all of his businesses and the media is just starting to report them. The Tesla S model has so many quality control issues that production should be halted until they can resolve the issues, but it has not been. You'll be reading a lot more about this as well as the last SpaceX disaster that tax payers are paying for.

1. phil dude
      Facepalm

Re: More tax payer money on the way

I am so glad to live in a world where people do not use anonymity to sling mud at others.

No sir, I am sooo glad.

/s

P.

2. Dave Harvey
      Mushroom

Unlike ULA of course get absolutely NO state funding!

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

all of Elon Musk's businesses rely on tax payer money for their very existence

Perhaps, but last I heard, they don't rely on tax payer money as much as their competitors do.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One word

Unions

1. bazza Silver badge

Re: One word

Unions, and a good framework within which they exist. Like in Germany. Oh, hang on a mo.....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like