back to article Solidfire enters ninth circle of Dell, emerges clutching new blueprints

Solidfire has produced a networking-based reference architecture for vSphere using Dell kit. The architecture combines various suppliers' components so resellers can put together a converged system with a single SKU – a single part number, in other words – for their customers. This should simplify the ordering, deployment and …

1. Just a geek

No real surprise that Soldfire are using Dell kit for a reference architecture. Their own storage system is all rebadged Dell and I think it's Dell engineers who do the hardware swaps for them.

I'm surprised that Dell haven't snapped them up yet as the company wouldn't be that expensive and it'll be another storage offering over the god awful equalogic and not quite so bad but still pretty painful compellent.......

1. klaxhu

You must have missed the news that dell bought EMC then?

You can imagine this is all stuff that has been in the works and now come out, just a bit too late cause there is something big on the table with EMC now.The likes of Solidfire and others are probably now in discussion with Lenovo (who is the only one left out there without storage, imagine ...how important they have become) to replace Dell as their supplier. :-)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Buying yet another storage company from a dying industry. Thats a good idea. Dell is already paying tons of money for their $25 billion leveraged buyout to go private. And they are going to be paying even more debt repayments on their EMC buy.

As someone who used to work for Dell in the Equallogic division I can tell you that they won't manage any new acquisitions any better than they did the previous ones. Buying Solidfire would just be a waste of money. The same way that buying EMC is a waste of money.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As someone who used to work for Dell in the Compellent division I wish to agree with your statement.

good luck to all my old colleagues with their job hunting :/

3. Nesjo

Excellent headline

Congratulations, Vulture Central. Your subs (presumably, if you have any left) have come up with a cracking headline. Love the Dante reference.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like