back to article Buffalo bullish over solar keyboard eco credentials

Solar-powered gadgets are coming off of production lines thick and fast nowadays, and the latest one to hit the desktop is a sun-lovin’ keyboard. Buffalo_Spower_Kboard Buffalo's keyboard is solar or (if cloudy) battery powered Manufacturer Buffalo states that the 4in solar panel integrated above the board's numerical pad …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Iain
    Boffin

Good effort...

...but completely pointless.

I get a good 5 months or so out of 2 AA batteries [sic] in my wireless 'board, pretty much only 4 a year. When it comes to saving the planet I think there are possibly better ways to expend brain power. And £65? It would take 20 odd years to offset the cost of batteries+regular wireless keyboard. The chance of a coffee related accident in that time must be very high reducing the average keyboard's lifespan considerably.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Indeed completely pointless

You're unlikely ever to recover the energy used to make the solar panel. And how much power does the receiver take? I wouldn't be surprised if it's not more than a conventional keyboard.

Come on Reg - apply a bit of intelligence to your analysis of press releases.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like