back to article Shoot to win - with the PS3 handgun

Is this latest PlayStation 3 controller real - or is it a hoax? We don’t know, but one thing’s for sure: it’s a stick-up. PS3_handgun The PS3 handgun controller, with USB receiver (circled) Essentially, the system comprises a Wii Remote-like controller - albeit with PS3-style buttons - that slots into a handgun holder and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark
    Gates Horns

I've got four on order

It's already announced and available to pre order. It's clearly everything the Wii mote should have been.

How can the Wii last now that the PS3 has every ability that it has and so much more?

Finally Nintendo shall lost first place.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@ Mark

Why do your comments even get approved...

3. NoCo37

Is it legal?

Where is the blaze orange tip? Isn't there a 1988 US Federal Law about that?

4. Berk

@legal

Dunno for sure about the US, I think the orange tip is required.

In the UK it's almost certainly not legal any more, It'd probably be classified as a Realistic Imitation Firearm.

Not to mention, if, as it appears, you have to put the ps3-mote into the pistol grip assembly, that's probably considered manufacturing a RIF, which is illegal too.

Unless you jump through hoops backwards with the collective idiocy of the labour government balanced on your head, you're not getting one.

Not until they get released in labour approved not real gun colours.

I for one, look forward to a fabulous pink gun-a-like, but only if they release a PS3 to match.

5. Vance P. Frickey
    Boffin

It's legal as long as it's not READILY mistakable for a gun

That law covers any toy or replica which can be READILY mistaken for a gun. As a former police officer myself, I can't see shooting someone for pointing a video game controller with a pistol grip at me.

Of course, a creative US attorney can wring miracles out of the US Code, so I wouldn't be surprised to read about these things being held up at Customs for being "officially" out of compliance with Federal law.

6. Eponymous Cowherd
    Paris Hilton

@Mark

I see the PS3 fanboi-in-chief is in.

Paris, because she's gullible too.

7. It'sa Mea... Mario
    Alert

Too many unanswered questions.. (if this is real)

Does it require an infrared light source on/near the TV?

Does the Wiimote rip-off have motion sensitivity?

How long till Nintendo's lawyers sue $ony?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Full of idiots?

Clearly El-Reg readers that post here are idiots.

THIS IS A 3RD PARTY ADD-ON, IT'S NOT MADE OR AUTHORISED BY SONY..

Paris, because even she is not that stupid..

9. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Looks more like a taser.....

Maybe the various police agencies will use these for training?

Not sure if the orange tip is required for a toy taser.

10. Alex
    Paris Hilton

@ Mark Above & at the gullibles...

So, another post by the Fake Mark... How funny how the Gullibles start their rant, even though the poster is a XBOX-Fanboi..

Fished in!! Fished in!!

LoL!

Paris, because even she isn't that Gullible...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like