back to article Noughty by nature: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Rock Band 4

It's the noughties all over again as two franchises from very different genres, Uncharted and Rock Band, are repackaged and re-released for a new generation of consoles. Find out if Nathan Drake's quips and Rock Band's licks still have what it takes to rise to the top of the charts. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Uncharted …

1. auburnman

Uncharted multiplayer

The multiplayer for Uncharted was a highly entertaining Co-op or competitive blast absolutely ruined by the near-impossibility of successfully connecting to your friends. I'm gutted they just ditched it instead of taking the opportunity to fix her up.

1. Sloppy Crapmonster

Re: Uncharted multiplayer

Don't worry; I'm sure you'll be able to pay for the multiplayer DLC sooner or later. And if I know Sony and their licensees, you'll have to pay for multiplayer in each game separately.

2. Steve Gill

If Rock Band 4 can take the genre back to where it was with Rock Band 2 before adding in new complexities it'll be on a strong footing going forward. Simply returning the campaign mode is a huge help. As much as many of us liked the hyper-realism additions to Rock Band 3 many more found it frustrating and felt that the the fun had been removed.

1. Andrew Moore

I think I'll wait for Guitar Hero Live- the song list is longer (and much better)

1. Steve Gill

I can see your point if you're new to the genre but I already have most of those tracks for Rock Band ;)

3. MJI Silver badge

Do I buy it or not?

I have all the Uncharted already, I really enjoyed UC2 multiplayer at the time.

Platinumed all 3 PS3 games as well.

Do I rebuy them or not?

4. MJI Silver badge

OK how many did this?

Read the first two pages and skipped to the comments?

1. Khaptain Silver badge

Re: OK how many did this?

You didn't miss anything

2. MrWibble

Re: OK how many did this?

Not me - I skipped the first two pages instead.

5. lawndart

THAR SHE BLOWS!

FROM HELL'S HEART I STab at thee... What? What?

Just whaling at the top of my voice.

6. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Where do I start...

Firstly, in my gaming experience (which may have either started with Snafu on the Mattel Aquarius, or a ZX81 version of Star Trek), UC2 - Amongst Thieves is probabaly the single most complete "experience" I have had as a gamer. It is stunning from beginning to end - almost a proper interactive movie. I've not had the chance to play TLOU yet, but I hear that is pretty damn good also.

As to should you buy this if you already have them on PS3? IMHO - I can't really see why you would. I have seen UC2 running on the PS4, and for me, whilst it looks pretty - there is something more gritty and "real looking" to the 30fps PS3 version. The 60fps anmations look "jerky" and unnatural compared to the smoother 30fps version also - that's how it appears to me anyway.

UC4 on PS4 is definately making me want to upgrade, however the amount of existing PS3 games that are being re-done and sold at full cost all "sparkly sparkly" on PS4 is cause for concern.

1. MJI Silver badge

Re: Where do I start...

TLOU is as good as people say it is!

7. tonkei
    Unhappy

Rock Band +1

no keyboard support -1

1. MJI Silver badge

Re: Rock Band +1

Well there should be for the keyboard sections!

8. DrXym

Well recommended

The Uncharted series is a really good set of games and if someone hasn't played them then this is definitely worth picking up. Like most "remasters" it's more accurately described as a port but it's still a great series.

I'm really looking forward to Uncharted 4 after seeing some of the previews.

9. montyburns56

Unfinished

"A couple of its shooting sections, for example, go on for an inordinate amount of time. But my larger irritation is with repetitive hand-to-hand brawls that require the same sequence of button presses to complete every time."

Although I quite enjoy playing the Uncharted games I think you've summed up perfectly my two big issues with them. If I wanted long gun battles I'd play Call Of Duty or some other FPS. What's the point of creating beautiful scenery if you are too busy fighting off an endless of procession of bad guys to be enable to appreciate it? And I've never even completed the first Uncharted because I just got so sick of that last QT fight against the big boss.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Platinumed all 3 Uncharted games on PS3

And first to buy these on PS4 and play them all through again. Why?? Becuase all 3 are pinnacle of video games, standing miles above everything else out there even now

All three of these are a better play than the Xbox timed exclusive wannabe tomb raider game. By the time I have finished these 3, Uncharted 4 will be out, by the time I finish that, tomb raider will be out on PS4, bundled with all the DLC and selling for a discount price.

Win/win for PS4 owners.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon