back to article 'ALIEN INVADERS OBSERVED': OFFICIAL ESA announcement

The European Space Agency set eyes a-bulge on Tuesday when it distributed an email with the subject line: "Aliens observed". Unfortunately, as the release explained, the subject was a little bit of piffle: "French artist Invader is installing his iconic art at ESA establishments all over Europe and even on the International …

1. et tu, brute?
    Alien

Are they trying to slowly get humanity ready for the revelation of real aliens, who are getting impatient to be introduced to the rest of us?

1. chivo243 Silver badge
      Holmes

They've been here, and are waiting for people of Earth to get their act together... The aliens probably won't be back.

2. jonathan1
      Alien

We're waiting for you Earthlings...*Ahem* I mean to say I bet they're waiting for us Earthlings to show a bit more maturity...Nothing to see here move along...

2. frank ly

re. " .. Futura mission ..."

Am I the only one who read that as 'Futurama mission'?

1. MrXavia

Re: re. " .. Futura mission ..."

I had visions of bender putting a mosaic of his face on the ISS...

3. jake Silver badge

One word:

Daft.

4. Your alien overlord - fear me
    Alien

Way to publishise my arrival....

1. TitterYeNot

"Way to publishise my arrival...."

Pfft! You're not fooling us Mr. Connery...

5. DocJames
    Mushroom

SOP

Joint art/science is usually artistically banal and scientifically illiterate (probably no more so than most art or science tbh, but it's promoted more so it gets above my noticability threshold).

This doesn't disappoint.

1. DocJames

Re: SOP

Wow. I didn't think I was writing anything particularly up- or down-votable, but clearly 4 people (so far) disagree. Anyone want to educate me and say why?

1. The Man Who Fell To Earth Silver badge
        Terminator

You are posting on an IT forum. That means the audience is overwhelmingly scientifically illiterate, but thinks they are literate, and that same audience is devoid of any artistic talent or appreciation.

1. DocJames

Cheers!

Although of course I am also a part of the audience... (in my defence I readily admit to being devoid of artistic talent and my appreciation is culturally bound. And I'm a doctor, who are renown for believing the general public's hype about how scientific we are: we're generally hard working and of reasonable intelligence, but rarely manage "science" at any deep level.)

6. Ashton Black

I, for one, welco..... oh nevermind.

7. Mage Silver badge

Humour

ESA maybe has a faint sense of humour. Perhaps some other people have less. It's probably better than a pastel coloured bare wall.

1. PleebSmash
      Alien

Re: Humour

They should all be fired for muddying the waters around legitimate alien disclosure in the near future...

2. Uffish

Re: Humour

It's a French thing, Paris has thousands of these dotted around on pastel coloured bare walls, mostly up above the reach of a pedestrian. They started when pixel art was state of the art. Some of them even seem to be repaired.

8. hatti

Just looks like

Commodore 64 artwork.

1. Mage Silver badge
      Windows

Re: Commodore 64 artwork.

Almost certainly intended. At least primitive 8 bit consoles.

9. Bob Wheeler
    Joke

Mission control thinks Invader will organise more invasions ....

more invasions???

WTF did I miss some already?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Mission control thinks Invader will organise more invasions ....

'Twouldn't surprise me if'n I missed it, for any value of 'it.' Mom always tells people that: "The whole universe could destroy itself and I might notice... in about a week." So whadabout those aliens?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like