back to article Tegile thrashes rivals in race to supply vomit-free krill pills seller

Ah, the perils of buying bleeding edge kit: Dutch organic nutritional powder and pill pusher GreenPower has chosen Tegile over HP, Pure Storage, Nimble, Violin Memory and EMC to replace a Skyera skyHawk all-flash array, which ran out of support. GreenPower_supplements GreenPower nutritional supplements, including the …

1. Your alien overlord - fear me

Buy krill pills and starve a whale. Where's Greenpeace when you need them?

2. oli_from_germany
    Facepalm

Nothing learned

Well, crashed with startup Skyera - bought by WD, now will crash with startup Tegile - will be bought by XYZ or go bankrupt...

There is still a place for the established players who will be there tomorrow ;-) Saves my Job.

3. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

With the majority of Krill feeding on algae that grows on glaciers fertilised by air pollution there should be no shortage of krill hatcheries. (Until the ice runs out obviously.)

Also obviously this has never happened before since the whales are still with us. So now rather than rely on the effective decision making of a company whose management considers that windmills, solar panelling and waterfalling will accommodate the needs of future Earth residunces, you should have good opportunities in the next few years to see the last of the Earth's Ocean Giants.

Do so and you can have the privilege of telling your great grandchildren all about it -provided you don't freeze to death in a power outaged but Globally Warmed home.

4. happy but not clappy
    Facepalm

Biiiiiig data

Does anyone else think they have gone a bit OTT here? What one earth do they need all that kit for?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Biiiiiig data

Not so much 'big' as 'fast.'

1. Naselus

I think kinda both, considering they're basically a website for flogging niche health supplements. It's hard to imagine what they need 450 staff and 100+TB of storage for. Or a DC, for that matter. They must be shifting billions of krillpills a year.

2. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

Marketing-centric retail is hard. They likely very prices for each item based on many static and dynamic factors. That results in an enormous and ever-growing hidden catalog to support a consistent experience each customer. They'd also be recording as much tracking data as possible for "customer retention" programs and marketing pattern analysis. Throw on top of that millions of single-use coupons, reusable promo codes, customer-to-customer recommendations, gift cards, billing information, and hopefully some fat crypto. Now it's getting to be a big database.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Funny. They'll have a whale of a time until the array is half full. Then they wont.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon