back to article Marijuana from heaven: Bundle of blow bombs bow-wow's boudoir

A 26lbs bundle of cannabis appeared from the sky and bombed through the roof of a carport in the Arizona town of Nogales. Maya Donnelly heard what she thought was thunder during the night, but later that morning found wood strewn across the ground around a bulky bundle wrapped in black plastic. Therein was the big old chunk …

1. skeptical i
    Coat

After the high ...

... comes the crash.

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    Coat

Gunga from heaven

Holy smoke!

3. chivo243 Silver badge

We could have made lots of home repairs with that.

yeah, right man, just as soon as we finish this uh, what are we doing again? Who's that at the door? Dave? ...

1. Elmer Phud

Re: We could have made lots of home repairs with that.

Nah, sell (some of) the draw and get the builders in.

Sorted.

2. It'sa Mea... Mario

Re: Dave?

Dave's not here man

1. chivo243 Silver badge

No man! This is Dave...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Dave, its the pigs ! ^W^W^W^W Pigs, its Dave !

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge

You could mostly have gotten jail time

Breaking Bad was a TV show. In real life, if you just start selling illegal drugs, you're going to get caught. And if you get caught with over 20 pounds of the stuff, you're going down for a loooong time.

1. Allan George Dyer

Re: You could mostly have gotten jail time

Getting caught by the police might be the best result for a windfall drug dealer. I imagine any existing local dealers would be a little annoyed at a new guy undercutting them, and if it happens to be the outfit that dropped the package in the first place, they could get really angry.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Zmodem

Re: You could mostly have gotten jail time

get a £20 fine in the uk, illegal or not, the metropolitan police will always let you have at least a 8th on you, if you drive around in a pimped cars etc, they know where you will be and you will be doing nothing most of the night

if you give them hassle they give you a fine for any amount

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

To quote from the Life of Brian:

"Oh, you lucky bastard."

6. Your alien overlord - fear me

What the local plod should do is advertise it in the local rags lost 'n' found. See how many dealers line up to prove it's theirs.

7. joeW

Just think -

If it had hit somebody they would have the honour of being the first person ever killed by weed...

1. nsld
      Facepalm

Re: Just think -

Because of course no one spannered on weed ever died as a result of doing something stupid whilst spannered on weed.....

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
        WTF?

By that rationale, nsld, anyone who drink drives and dies in a crash died of alcohol?

I really don't think it works that way. Just because your judgement is impaired to the point where you could die from doing something stupid, does not make the source of that impairment the cause of death.

A contributory factor, yes, but not the cause.

What if I didn't sleep well last night and felt a bit zombified on my drive to work this morning, crashed and died. Would you argue that I died from sleep deprivation?

1. Just Enough

By that rationale, it wasn't sleep deprivation or a car crash that killed you, but the town planner, who employed the man, who planted the tree, that your car hit.

Everything is "just a contributory factor". But you look at the key cause of the events leading to the death.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

I'm pretty sure a coroner would enter a cause of death along the lines of impact trauma for the example I gave.

The point is that weed has never been a cause of death (unlike alcohol) - although you could argue that if you smoke weed (and also use tobacco) then lung cancer is a fair accusation to make, but that's only down to the delivery mechanism.

If you cook with dope, you won't get lung cancer - therefore dope cannot be a cause of death from lung cancer (once you remove the smoking element)

8. Unicornpiss
    Coat

Did it fall at 4:20?

Just asking...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Never mind the couple's luck

Their dog dodged a bullet as well.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
      Coat

Re: Never mind the couple's luck

I need to read the article again, I didn't see there were munitions in there too.

2. Captain DaFt

Re: Never mind the couple's luck

"Their dog dodged a bullet as well."

Shouldn't that be, "dodged a blunt"?

10. chivo243 Silver badge

from the pic

yuck, compressed Mexican brown weed...Is this 1980?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Early Xmas

The wife's dog dead and a years supply of recreational.

Time to start believing in Santa Clause.

Honestly, after that lot you'd believe almost anything...

Its not a troll face.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think it was Mary Jane Poppins who dropped it. She was definitely on something.

13. Mike Moyle

Just because...

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=horton+heat+bales&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wow, cheap weed...

26lbs bundle of cannabis [...] which the local plod valued at $10,000

So ~$24/per ounce? That is either some really *really* lousy weed or else they get a real bargain down in Arizona.

1. Zmodem

Re: Wow, cheap weed...

thats the wholesale price, each layer of the web of sin will add another $10-20 ontop of ever ounce, so the further you go from the source the higher the price is and ends up $250 for some gurlie bud when times are bad

15. Graham Marsden
    Coat

No, no, we were waiting on a delivery *for* Mary Jane...

... not a delivery *of* Mary Jane...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon