back to article Vodafone left the lonely singleton as Liberty deal kiboshed

European telco Liberty Global and Vodafone have put the kibosh on their possible merger, the mobile network operator announced late Monday. The businesses have been flirting with the idea of a potential £120bn love-in for sometime. But in a filing to the London Stock Exchange the global telco giant said: "Vodafone today …

1. Your alien overlord - fear me

They'll probably do what they have done Jersey, link up with India's Airtel. Extra billion customers in one swoop - beat that BT.

2. Mage Silver badge
    Coat

Vodafone

It was Vodafone chasing after Liberty for just the UK cable (maybe Irish too). Liberty Global said "Buy everything everywhere or nothing". So it was never going to happen. Liberty was happy to listen to Vodafone till they got fed up and went away.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Re: Vodafone

Liberty Global said "Buy everything everywhere or nothing".

Which caused the most dreadful misunderstanding, and the consequent collapse of the deal. I'll too will get my coat.

2. jerehada

Re: Vodafone

Really.

3. IsJustabloke
    FAIL

They're shit

and they deserve to die as a brand and company.

1. sorry, what?
      Thumb Down

Re: They're sh*t

It strikes me that most of these operators are a bit rubbish. My personal mobe is on EE (via an MVNO) and the coverage in and around my home is atrocious despite living in a fair sized town within 35 miles of London. Vodafone's coverage is better here, but only a little.

However, try using your mobe for data access whilst on a train into London and be amazed at how frequently connectivity is totally lost. Rubbish.

4. Martin hepworth

Poor fixed line?

They bought C&W about 2 years ago.. thats a good start to build on

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like