back to article Homeland Security in CYBER POPE 'net chatter-check bulk up

Pope Francis – who landed in the US on Tuesday to bring salvation to those suffering through Cupertino's malefic advertising – is the subject of considerable cybersecurity concern. We cannot say whether this is a coincidence or not. According to Dave Weinstein, the deputy director of the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not to belittle people of faith.. but

"Primate of Italy".. I'll take that as the church now accept the theory of evolution.

1. hplasm
      Happy

Re: Not to belittle people of faith.. but

OOk!

1. Bc1609

<temporarilyserious>

The Catholic Church has never made any official pronouncements against evolution, and confirmed that there was no conflict between Catholic teaching and evolution in Humani Generis (1950).

</temporarilyserious>

1. Wzrd1 Silver badge

Well, the meaning of the word primate has also evolved into other meanings over the centuries.

Evolved in very ironic ways.

2. lnLog
    Black Helicopters

What a relief!

Good to see that he is a primate, but not sure why it needs stating explicitly

3. Mark 85
    Angel

They forgot one title...

Pope Francis, whose full title is His Holiness Francis, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God,

What, no "Keeper of the Faith"???

Icon.. well because it's the Pope......

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: They forgot one title...

And blackboard monitor

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: They forgot one title...

"Keeper of the Faith" sounds like "Defender of the Faith" old Henery VIII's title (and others)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A friend of mine notice this in Philadelphia -- a strange and consistent disappearance and reappearance of wireless networks. No doubt inserting (or activating) additional slurping capacity. Think they're ever going to purge any of the data they collect?

Grim days, what with the 24/7 surveillance. Fine if you're an ant; not so good if you're human.

1. Wzrd1 Silver badge

More likely jamming of the signals within a quarter to half mile of him.

That's what I'd do if I was on a protective detail.

One Pope with a shot off finger is two too many.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon