back to article Wall Street turns off music at Adobe results after-party

Financial analysts last night ejected everyone from Adobe’s party prematurely as weaker-than-expected forecasts for the current quarter eclipsed the good progress made in cloud services, causing a share dip. The Creative Suite developer reported a 21 per cent bounce in turnover to $1.22bn in its Q3 of fiscal ’15 ended ended 28 …

1. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Subscriptions grew more than 51 per cent year-on-year to $829m, while licences sold in the classic way fell 21 per cent to $275.3m and services and support edged up to $113.3m from $108.8m.

Well duh. Adobe stopped selling anything new except through their pepetual revenue generation scheme (aka. the scheme that's bad for any consumer capable of basic maths). It shows the strength of their lockin in the marketplace that they've managed to force so many users into the perpetual revenue model.

1. Robert Grant

Reason is it's really good value, at least at the moment, and you can do cool stuff.

E.g. designer can upload a PSD file, and then share it with devs, who can look at it online, slice it up there, generate CSS even (although I don't know how good that is) and generate all the assets they need.

Then if the designer changes the PSD, the changes can be pushed through and regenerate all the assets based on how the developer created them, automatically.

That's not bad.

1. channel extended

PSD?

Is that Adobe's Penile Stress Disorder?

2. Psycho Flump

I'm a designer and front-end dev and whilst I have Adobe CC at work I haven't looked at any of those features as:

1. I'll bet it doesnt work for responsive code

2. Auto generated code tends to be crap

They can pry my personal copy of CS6 out of my cold dead hands. I'll never "upgrade" to their Cash Cow. I'd rather run a VM with an older OS to maintain compatibility with CS6.

It's disheartening to see the lack of forward planning of my fellow designers who are all too quick to tie themselves into paying Adobe every month for the rest of their working lives. Whilst they hold your files to ransom.

1. Robert Grant

Fair enough about generated code, but it also re-slices your images etc as the dev wanted them. That's pretty useful.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fuck Adobe

I hope they crash and burn, with their shitty software, and bug ridden code, exploited on a daily basis.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like