back to article PlusNet does Pole dance for migrants

The UK Polish community has got its own ISP, courtesy of Sheffield-based PlusNet. The service costs the same as PlusNet in English, and is supported by Polish staff in its UK call centre. The move looks like a smart bit of differentiation by PlusNet in the increasingly commoditised UK ISP market, as it battles its way back …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ross

Others to follow suit?

Do you think other companies will pick up on this great idea and start opening English speaking call centers for English speaking customers? ;-)

2. Lloyd

Odd

Seeing as PlusNet can't even run the English side of their operation properly, you'd think maybe they'd try to sort that out first.

3. Law

lmao

Will they still get the same shitty customer service we English speaking people do??

I wonder how many languages they can translate "f**k you, it's not our problem" into??

4. Kevin Rodger

Translation please!!!

I wonder what the Polish is for "Oh dear we seem to have had a security breach!!"?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Understandable

Understandable - a nice way to hook in to a market. Not exactly the best way to encourage communities to integrate or learn the language properly though.

6. Phil

Hear hear, Ross

I thought the idea with immigrants was 'integration not segregation'.

If the Poles think our country is so great and really want to come over and live here, why don't they learn English?

7. David Webb

Welsh?

So a British ISP will give Polish, but not Welsh? The Welsh are forced to learn English, the Polish should be forced to learn Welsh!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They'll get better service....

...by a process of reverse discrimination. Not enought Polish speakers in India to man the call centres!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So does this mean we're left with all the English call centre staff?

great...

10. Rob

Nie! Nie ma!

If the Polish customer service I've experienced in Warsaw and Gdansk was anything to go by, I think they'll come back to an English service pretty quickly.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like