back to article Krafcik takes wheel at Google driverless car project, so to speak

Gigantic automated advertising firm Google has hired the former CEO of Hyundai to head up its famous driverless car outfit. John Krafcik confirmed that he would run the (road)show from late September. "This is a great opportunity to help Google develop the enormous potential of self-driving cars. I can’t wait to get started," …

1. g00se

Faster, faster, faster!

Your metaphor had me fooled. I was fantasizing about switching in SatNad instead of the gentleman in question and setting up 0wning the car's controls as a black hatters' convention challenge ...

2. Teiwaz

Strangely conflicted.

I don't know how to feel about driverless cars.

On one hand I don't actually like driving.

On the other, I don't like the idea of not being in control.

Good article title - I can't think of a similar one that doesn't read like a zen statement.

1. bigtimehustler

Re: Strangely conflicted.

Trains and buses must just be a nightmare for you then?

1. et tu, brute?
        Facepalm

And aeroplanes drive you completely bonkers with the lack of control?

2. Martin Budden Silver badge

I do know how to feel about driverless cars.

On the one hand hand I do actually like driving - and that's why I'll be keeping my 56 year old classic for occasional country drives.

On the other hand I hate commuting, I hate being designated driver, and I hate being almost killed by idiots who can't keep their eyes on the road - so I can't wait for 99% of cars to be driverless (including the car I'll use most of the time).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like