back to article Angler plonks August's Flash feeding frenzy into its boat

Crooks behind the world's worst exploit kit, Angler, have added the latest Adobe Flash vulnerabilities to the suite's long list of attack vectors. Angler now sports support for some of the 35 Flash player holes detailed and patched last month that includes eight memory corruption flaws and five type confusion bugs. French …

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Just say No

to Flash. If you have it remove it. We all know that it is a bug ridden slime fest.

It is a pity that some sites still need flash (unless for some reason you are browsing from an iPhone)

Yes BBC I'm looking at you. Get rid!

1. VinceH

Re: Just say No

"Yes BBC I'm looking at you. Get rid!"

For iPlayer at least, they are allegedly transitioning from Flash to HTML5.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

Re: Just say No

Sorry BBC are to busy expanding in Nu-Medah don't you know darlingh to fix stuff.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Facepalm

Adobe really is incredible

To keep on fabricating discovering so many bugs after so many years is really a shining example of professionalism and dedication - to the blackhats.

It's just a video player, Adobe. You didn't have to link it to every function imagined by Mankind.

3. frank ly

I'm wondering

Is there any type of bug that hasn't been discovered (yet) in Adobe Flash?

1. VinceH

Re: I'm wondering

One that has legs and crawls around.

4. Mystic Megabyte
    Linux

BBC

I'd remove Flash immediately if the BBC would drop it. I've tried changing my FF user agent to iPad but it does not work. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

1. Hans 1
      Facepalm

Re: BBC

They are running a survey on bbc right now, fill it out ... or do you think the BBC pays more attention to the comments section on el'Reg than their online surveys ?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: BBC

Link?

5. Nixinkome

I will stop using the BBC video and sound until they stop using Adobe Flash to transmit these.

I am not a security expert but can't a white hat insert some backfire into Angler so that it affects its users too? It may be preventative.

1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Angler's business model is to offer its customers the latest Flash vulnerabilities to exploit, including those recently or even less recently patched by Adobe but still open on user systems. Not to do that would be crimin...hmm. Well, anyway, it seem you get your money's worth. (Disclaimer: for all that I know, The Register made them up.)

6. Mark 85

Video?

I tend to ignore videos in news stories anyway, so no big loss here. I guess I'm old skool and would prefer to read rather than have some talking head do "happy talk" and not give any details. I'm not missing Flash at all.

As for web page functionality.. if it want's Flash... I'm done with that site.

At work, we're working on the few (very few) proprietary programs/apps that need it. Once we can kill it, IT will (or should be) a whole lot happier. Well, maybe not the developers who seem to know only Flash, but they've been warned to change their ways or take a long walk.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like