back to article Bored Brazilian skiddie claims DDoS against Essex Police

A teenager from Brazil has claimed responsibility for a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack on Essex Police's website, following a similar attack on another force earlier this week. Responsibility for the attack was claimed by the same Twitter account which had claimed responsibility for the DDoS which made the Greater …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Alternatively ...

He could just be winding you up.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Alternatively ...

It's AMFM - He's gone MAD!

2. Antonymous Coward
    Pint

'I will do 19 years' attacker says in garbled English – perhaps accidentally right

...made me laugh aloud!

Cheers Reg --->

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

currently carries a maximum of 10 years' imprisonment in the UK

Some of us haven't forgotten that Brazilians have far more to fear from the British police than imprisonment. But apparently that was just a bit of health and safety carelessness.

And in return for her services cleaning the streets of London of Brazilian electricians, Cressida Dick was promoted in 2009 to assistant commissioner. In 2015 she retired on a fat police pension, before accepting an over-paid and undeserved high level appointment with the Foreign Office, and then was given a gong in the 2015 New Year's Honour's List.

I wonder, it I shoot an innocent Brazilian, will I get promoted, honourably retired on a taxpayer funded, gold plated pension and then get sucked up into the bosom of the Establishment, and given a medal?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Little Mouse

Re: currently carries a maximum of 10 years' imprisonment in the UK

I doubt it. If you actually shoot an innocent Brazillian things will probably not go all that well for you.

For your bosomy dreams to become a reality you need to order someone else to do the dirty work.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Terminator

I suspect you have to direct a mob of aggressive, inadequately trained and frightened shitless minions to shoot a Brazilian electrician if you want to reap such generous rewards. Doing it yourself would probably get you a fifteen year stretch in Belmarch. I think it's one of those "white collar" / "blue collar" class things.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sorry Ledswinger, but I have to correct an error in your description of Cressida Dick.

You missed that in 2009 she was also awarded the Queen's Police Medal for distinguished service. So she wasn't "given a gong". She was given two.

5. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"high level appointment with the Foreign Office"

Send her as ambassador to Brazil and let her talk her way out of that.

6. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's like a tragic version of"yes, Minister"

Thanks for the refresher course Ledswinger... Fuck up badly enough and the establishment feels the need to lock shoulders in solidarity, lest the public form the opinion that the show is being run by rabbits and scoundrels.

still, can't be too down on Dick. Not so long as that smug bastard Blair still witters on about how right Iraq was, freedom, Arab Spring, etc. He'll only go to heaven because the devil doesn't want to look at him.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: It's like a tragic version of"yes, Minister"

He'll only go to heaven because the devil doesn't want to look at him.

Respect to you, Sir, for that one.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Presumably the Police will use anti-terrorism laws (illegally) to extradite/charge the guy

I think that DDoS attacks are somewhat stupid and wasteful of resources and time but do not warrant a 10 year stay in one of HM's Hotels in the UK. Presumably the UK Police will consider the expense and man power in hunting this guy down and trying to extradite him justified as opposed to attending burglaries which is too low a level to bother with (unless it was a famous celebrity). So is it illegal for somebody to commit a DDoS attack on a UK Police site whilst in Brazil - under Brazilian law or under UK law (applied illegally to citizens of other countries whilst a resident of their own country)? Not quite so simple is it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Presumably the Police will use anti-terrorism laws (illegally) to extradite/charge the guy

"Not quite so simple is it."

Course it is. It's what our beloved spineless lizard parasites have been falling over themselves to expatriate us to earn.

Interesting to see it publicly and utterly unrequited. The lizards and their media will be deafeningly silent on this.

2. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Presumably the Police will use anti-terrorism laws (illegally) to extradite/charge the guy

It will be expensive for that many senior police officers to visit Brazil to search for the culprit.

It will probably have to wait for next years budget, perhaps Rio sometime in August ?

5. Alister
    Trollface

Quite proud...

communicated with El Reg in what is either non-native English or fairly sophisticated stylometry-foiling jargon.

Since you used this self same phrase in your last article, I guess you're quite proud of having dreamed it up...

6. wyatt

Does anybody care that this particular website was off line for a period? No? Didn't think so,

7. nsld
    Paris Hilton

Isnt a Brazilian

de rigeur in Essex?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like