back to article NCA arrests six Lizard Squad users after gaming firms, retailers targeted

The National Crime Agency has arrested six users of a Lizard Squad DDoS attack tool, which had been used against a national newspaper, a school, gaming companies, and a number of online retailers. Those arrested are suspected of maliciously deploying Lizard Stresser, which allows users to pay to take websites offline for up to …

1. lansalot

"Channel their abilities"???

What ability? The ability to download a file off the internet coz they're "leet" and want to be part of "an awesome hacking gang", and press "Launch" ?

1. graeme leggett Silver badge

To be fair the cops didn't actually specify IT skills.

And let's not denigrate the dexterity required to alter the orientation of recombined meat products for the benefit of gastronomes....

2. Ashton Black
    Joke

Tony Adams!!

Nice to see he's keeping himself busy!

3. Alistair
    Windows

wait.

These people signed up with real info on a site for lizard stresser?

Don't need the cops. These folks need to either be removed from the gene pool or be beaten with a clue by four.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Engage with them?

"One of our key priorities is to engage with those on the fringes of cyber criminality, to help them understand the consequences of cyber crime"

They understand the consequences perfectly well you bell-end, otherwise they wouldn't do it. The problem isn't understanding, the problem is they're teenagers and probably borderline sociopaths or autistics.

1. Mark 85
      Coat

Re: Engage with them?

Well, if the only consequences are a "good talking to".. then where's the motivation to not do something? Oh.. wait... a good talking to... Yes, that will solve every problem from Climate Change to the ISIL. Maybe I'll just get my coat and go contemplate this.

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

A good talking to probably works the same as an ASBO - it's a badge of honour.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

A good taking to in the form of

<shows 5p piece>

"This is the size of your anus now"

<shows piece of 2" drainpipe>

"This will be the size of it by the time you're released from Wormwood Scrubbs"

1. Bernard M. Orwell

Yeah, because prison rape of some young man, perhaps of school age, is an entirely appropriate response. Have you seen this article, it probably chimes with your idea of justice....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/indian-sisters-fleeing-rape-punishment-appeal-to-supreme-court-for-protection-10476581.html

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

autistics

Are you retarded?

3. 7teven 4ect

The problem would be understanding with autistics. Yours.

Your statement may apply to sociopaths.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

If this autistic were to do this type of DDoS, I'd damn well code it myself with so much masking and indirection, it'd take months to years to work back to me. Autistics using script kiddie material? Eject them from the web. Sheesh!

5. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

I wonder if this is related to http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/28/irate_security_posse_intel_spooks_in_ddos_hushed_hacker_hunt/

6. David Roberts
    WTF?

National Crime Agency?

So do I go to them if i want to commission a crime?

Whatever happened to the crime prevention agency?

1. Ole Juul

Re: National Crime Agency?

No doubt they mean anticrime agency, but perhaps they didn't want to sound so negative.

7. Tromos

Channeling abilities

"...how they can channel their abilities into productive and lucrative legitimate careers.”

Such as breaking rocks and sewing mailbags?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like