back to article Orange tells customers they are now 'partners'

Orange, France Telecom's consumer brand, has decided not to serve consumers any more: in true Web 2.0 style it's rebranding itself as a partner - not a provider - in telecommunications. The new slogan is "together we can do more", so forget about being a punter just wanting a conversation with another punter; now you're …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul Stephenson
    Thumb Up

lol @ ads

Nice big vodafone advert accomanied this article for me. Genius.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LOL @ Paul Stephenson

You still look at ads! LOL!

3. Paul Stephenson
    Go

@Coward

Occasionally. This one caught my attention due to a nice big Vodafone logo.

4. pctechxp

So...

If I join Orange as a partner on pay as you go (I hate contracts and will never have one) does that mean I'll get my calls for next to nothing? No? thought not.

Call me what you want just lower the charges, for now I'll stick with O2.

As the other posters have said, I have to laugh at the fact a Vodafone ad has been placed on an Orange story.

The E51 looks a nice phone though.

5. Andy Hards
    IT Angle

I don't see no ads!

Is this cos I'm using Firefox?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They could bring back Wildfire

And scrap the stupid animal names for tariffs. If I'm a partner I'm not a dolphin or a parakeet.

7. Ascylto
    Paris Hilton

Tossers

A bit like ASDA's 'colleagues' (and ASDA Aces) to describe staff.

If these corporates knew what their staff and customers *really* thought about their stupid names they give customers and staff they could save a load of money by sacking the mingers who come up with these stupid ideas.

As I recall, Orange (then Hutchinson Telecom) made quite an impact by cutting prices and, even more importantly, having excellent customer service. They've since learned to dispense with those as they pursue the dollar sticking out of their corporate arse.

Paris ... because she knows a d*ckhead when she sees one.

8. Vince

"everyman" - let's have "everyphone" instead...

...and all the other features that made orange better than average. I know that's not popular with the beancounters on the surface, but that sort of thing made me leave them. I won't be going back anytime soon.

9. pctechxp

Wildfire

This feature would have made me join Orange.

Its a real shame what they did to Wildfire communications, the company that invested it, they borged them and then dumped the product.

Orange used to have innovative advertising too, what happened to that?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like