back to article Suffering a comms blackout in the loo? Now you don't have to

Ever wanted to shoot the shit with “friends and strangers” while on the bog? Fear not because the Pooductive app has emerged that allows you to do just that, AND it’s free. The realtime messaging service allows users to make contact with like minded individuals in other countries or those in your own that are within a 250 to …

1. AbortRetryFail
    Coat

Do you have to, er, log on (as it were) in order to be able to post?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You mean, post to the Intertubes?

2. cookieMonster Silver badge
    Coffee/keyboard

" dropping the kids off at the pool "

where's the link to claim a new keyboard ???

3. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Teiwaz
      WTF?

the last star bar on the latrine floor...

Yup, a really crap idea.

It's not as if you could expect a good level quantity or quality of conversation, not if public toilet graffiti is anything to go by.

I just hope these idiots don't decide a video chat feature is a good idea....

They should stick to their 'level' and do a virtual 'glory hole' app, that at least might reach the train-perv market.

4. Mark 85
    Thumb Down

Sounds like a solution searching for a problem....

Loo time is my time. I have no desire to communicate with the world or manglement or anyone. Enough is enough on the "being connected" crap. If someone needs to be fulfilled by chatting, etc. while on the bog, I suspect a mental health professional needs to intervene. Talk about "privacy invasive"... I suppose there's a backdoor for the 5-eyes to make sure we're doing what we're supposed to do whilst there? </rant>

1. Teiwaz
      Terminator

Re: Sounds like a solution searching for a problem....

Another bunch of jerks looking to be the next 'big thing' no doubt...

Now, if someone were to set up a service were you could order a bog-roll on 'yer mobile and have it delivered in fifteen minutes to twenty minutes max, that would be of benefit to mankind.

1. 404

Re: Sounds like a solution searching for a problem....

Truth be told - I can think of one time I had to sit there, do a search for wherever I was, and call for assistance in that regard.

Happens.

5. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Is this a new euphemism?

Suffering a comms blackout in the WC

Is this an euphemism of a part of the glorious bacon story as told by Al Murray?

:)

6. Dan 55 Silver badge

Quality time

But isn't that time to post on El Reg? There is such a thing as market saturation.

1. Teiwaz

Re: Quality time

If did that, I'd be nipping back within 10 minutes so often, the boss'd be telling me to see a doctor.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Quality time

"But isn't that time to post on El Reg?"

Who, the writers, or the commentards?

7. Yugguy

Sploosh

Whenever i am in the trap next to some epic bellend who doesnt realise that the bog is where we go to escape from work I make as much noise as possible so the person on the other end knows just where we all are.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Sploosh

The Japanese are past masters at making noise in the loo.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Remind me

not to borrow your smartphone

9. x 7

you'll need washable phones

10. JP19

Do I give a shit about someone having a shit?

It can't tell if you are really sitting on the throne so it will be full of cheaters who are not really having a shit.

That would be terrible because, errm, errm, oh just forget it OK?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I had a problem with the app...

So the development team asked me to send them my logs. You can imagine the hilarity when I found out I didn't need gloves and a Tupperware box to accomplish this, but instead could just toggle a switch in the app settings.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

BillG to the rescue

They're looking to team this up with a toilet-related initiative, hasn't the world's richest man (flush with cash) been working on a toilet project for like 10 years now?

Get him to invest a few billion in this craptastic idea - of course you would have to write a Windows crapplet.

13. John Tserkezis

Why do I get the feeling that this will eventually degrade to a service that will be used wholy by a very specific "community" of persons who just happen to congregate around the public toilets around parks everywhere?

I'm sure George Micheal would have appreciated this app were it available, well, "at that time".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Stalling for time

It would give the phrase "In the john" a radically new overtone...

14. David Roberts
    Coat

Comms black out?

Never suffered from that.

I do have regular brown outs though.

Mines the one with a copy of the Times in the pocket. I find it very absorbing.

15. Richard Wharram

Maybe you have time to kill

In which case I suggest more fibre.

Mine are like an otter off the bank.

16. druck Silver badge
    WTF?

Is April rather late this year?

As above, as this can't be real.

17. Anonymous C0ward

Trigger Happy

HELLO!!! I'M HAVING A SHIT!!!

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Chap at my work

thought of this at the start of the year. Called it 'ShatChat'. Perhaps not surprisingly there were very few takers in his crowd funding attempt.

Apparently he's now working on a fast food equivalent, and taking submissions for possible names.

19. x 7

comms blackout in the loo?

you've got paper

you've got brown ink

whats the problem?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like