back to article ICANN CEO will head off to private equity firm

ICANN CEO Fadi Chehade has announced where he'll be heading after he breaks his contract 10 months early: private equity firm Abry Partners. Chehade surprised the internet community, and threw ICANN in disarray, when he announced in May that he was going to leave early – and, crucially, before ICANN takes over control of the …

1. Mark 85

That is one hell of a shopping list for "requirements".

Are they looking for a group of people? Or just the one who can BS so well that everyone will think this is the person? Obviously a job requirements list made by a dysfunctional committee where every member got to input their pet requirement.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Heck, when they're done choosing can I marry the winner?

Gender won't matter, since they'll be open to diversity, welcoming change and new challenges, etc...

About the only committee-hiring-criterion missing is "5+ years of experience with C++14".

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Personally, I love the line where they state that the candidate must have "Integrity".

That is the one criteria ICANN has never, ever demonstrated.

This requirement list is like all other ICANN PR stuff : a puff piece, all style over substance.

I do agree that ICANN desperately needs someone with integrity, I just very much doubt that such a person will survive in that position for more than a week.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

New ICANN plan: the duzitall

Long criticised for empire-building and defensive inertia the board has finally taken a bold decision: the entirety of today's ICANN will be replaced with a single individual: perfect in management, diplomacy, technical design AND implementation, a brilliant leader who diligently follows their own guidance while always watching themself for almost-human failings...and on the seventh day they shall look upon their labours and see that it is good...

3. Lamb0
    Paris Hilton

Obviously, Batman would be a better choice

than Superman, due to the many varied, multidisciplinary, and and political roles.

Bruce Wayne... we need you!

(An attractive starlet might draw more positive attention; and Bruce Wayne can support her in the manner in which she has become accustomed.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like