back to article Take redundancy if you want, Capita IS for turning now, after all

Crapita is to shutter both the Bury and Glasgow call centres that provide phone support for O2 customers after hundreds of staff – all of those in scope – accepted voluntary redundancy, a union said. This is a complete about-turn by the integrator-cum-outsourcing monster which even until a few weeks ago was telling us that no …

1. Blane Bramble

£1.2M over 10 years!

No wonder they're closing it down.

(Perhaps you meant £1.2B)

2. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

O2 customers’ increasing need to interact over digital channels, rather than traditional customer service telephone channels

And that wouldn't have anything to do with the ability to get an answer more effectively from a website instead of having to sit through interminable "Press 1 if your call concerns migrating hippopotamuses eating your phone, press 2 if you want to pay more, press 3 if you want to buy more ringtones..." and eventually get put through to someone who can't actually help because your problem isn't on the script.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And that wouldn't have anything to do with the ability to get an answer more effectively from a website instead of having to sit through interminable "Press 1 if ...

If you think O2 have a problem with this, you should try Vodafone, who are the most incompetent clowns I've ever come across. Not only is the Vodafone IVR system (IVR="press 1 to be disconnected, press...") a complete fucking mess designed by world class retards, but the website is equally unhelpful. At Vodafone, they don't want to interact with customers by voice, or by digital channels.

Message from Planet Earth to Vodafone plc: YOU USELESS, USELESS DOGFUCKERS. IF I PHONE YOUR COMICALLY TITLED CUSTOMER SERVICE, ITS BECAUSE I WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEBODY. QUICKLY. ABOUT A SIMPLE MATTER THAT ANYBODY WITH AN IQ OVER 40 COULD RESOLVE.

2. jonathanb Silver badge

O2 were actually pretty good at answering the phone and having a native English speaker who knows what they are doing deal with the query. Maybe it has got worse recently, I last called about a year ago.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't see something as voluntary when you are at the end of plank with a cutlass pointing up your arse.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Alternative is "here's a bunch more money than you would have gotten if we'd just given you all statutory redundancy"

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Velv

Won't all the Customer (non) Service move to India when Three takes control anyway?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Haha

The CCM/O2 shambles has been a farce from the start. Priced by idiots who didn't know how much other parts of Capita would skim off and the project run by a succession of people who have all defected to places like BUPA to wreak their havoc there. A textbook example of why any company that uses Capita for customer management clearly hates their customers. Looking at you VW, M&S, John Lewis et al.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Haha

You know too much, I must have seen you around somewhere! All true, Capita had no idea what they were signing up to, and struggled with even the basics.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like