back to article Job ad warns of boss who 'will incite anger and frustration'

Hey, software developers: been out of work for a while? We may have found a gig for you with Melbourne, Australia, IT recruitment outfit Milestone Technology as a front end web developer. To score the gig you'll need to know HTML 5, CSS 3, responsive web design, Javascript plus “Adobe photoshop and absolutely no illustrator …

1. Camilla Smythe

Let's face it - - that simply don't exists.

May one enquire if El Reg has snaffled a 'proof-reader' yet?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. DJV Silver badge
        Unhappy

Re: Let's face it - - that simply don't exists.

Not the worst one I've encountered. Long gone are the days when Ms Bee kept a stern eye on wayward punctuation and spelling. Unfortunately, it also seems that sending El Reg a "tips and corrections" email is often totally ignored so I've stopped doing this now as it's a "waist of thyme".

1. Pookietoo

Re: "tips and corrections"

I sometimes get an acknowledgement, sometimes not, but I do it because I'm trying to be helpful, not in search of gratitude. Maybe I'm good at spotting the the type of error that our brains tend to skip over or fill in automtically.

2. Camilla Smythe

True.. it was a left handed snipe given the quote comes from the Aussie Ad, presumably a copy and paste, so was not the fault of El Reg.

I will not make any claims for myself in respect of grammur but a job advert of that nature with its attendant grimatickle musteaks would not make me feel like making an application.

What is it with this red squiggly shit appearing under the words?

2. chivo243 Silver badge
      Trollface

Aren't we all proof-readers for El Reg? Still waiting for that contract...

2. skeptical i

“a model comes to provide you with a massage”

A model what?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Little Mouse

Re: “a model comes to provide you with a massage”

"A model what?"

A model model.

Or maybe a model of a model model. Modelled in modelling clay.

3. Khaptain Silver badge

It's an advert to work for Coca Cola

It's the real thing.

Honestly though it does actually sound a lot like the real world for many.....Anyone that has worked a largish company/multi-national will instantly recognize many of the criteria. ( All that's missing iare the endless meetings and the "open space, shared desktop, softphone loto"....)

1. Tony S

Re: It's an advert to work for Coca Cola

"All that's missing..."

The pervading odour of poorly washed bodies, unwashed clothes, various half eaten ethnic cuisine meals; and the stench of fear that you might be dismissed in the next round of "right sizing" cuts.

4. Mark 85

All good... sounds wonderful except there's no whipmaster walking the aisles, laying on the lash and yelling "faster, faster". After all, to be in IT aren't we all supposedly masochists?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

it's a double bluff

The job really is as described - the comedy bit is just to avoid later legal matters....

would be black helicopters but posting from work...

6. Stoneshop

Grey walls*

used to be a reference source for sysadmins, programmers and even users, so not at all inspiration-crushing.

* For V5.x; with earlier versions the wall was orange.

<insert cobwebs.ico>

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Grey walls*

But did you ever see the docset for the shortlived Micro<redacted> ?

98% of the stuff anyone would ever need, concentrated into two small-format ring binders, and nicely written too.

Truly it was a thing of beauty. Such things are now seemingly lost forever, yea even unto the Masterful Keepers of the Lost Bits at bitsavers.org.

Unlike the parent OS in question, which now lives a new and promising-looking life, with a port to x86 on the cards, outside its clueless and rapidly-deteriorating parent.

7. Little Mouse

Remember those "You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps." posters? This advert reminds me of those.

In a "David Brent" sort of way.

8. adam payne

What about the motivational messages on loop?

9. georgied
    Flame

nope, nope, nope - burn it with fire!

Auto playing video ads, with sound. :(

10. Nick Pettefar

Custard Tarts

At least they have custard tarts in OZ, unlike here in Ireland.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like