back to article BT Sport website AND app go TITSUP – footie fans weep

Enraged BT Sport subscribers have moaned about severe online disruptions to the service – but the company was yet to explain what had caused the Total Inability To Support Usual Performance (TITSUP) incident. An unknown number of football fans appeared to have seen their Sunday afternoon ruined after they were unable to view …

1. DJV Silver badge
    FAIL

Clueless!

I love the way the BT twitterspewer person had absolutely no clue about the problems. Pretty much sums up most if not all of BT!

2. Uberseehandel

BT Still Living Up To Customer Expectations

In my experience, in Europe, the Americas, Australia and New Zealand, and latterly the UK, BT has the worst attitude towards customer service and over promising whilst under delivering. Sorry BT, I'd rather have DT, and you even make Telefonica look good.

There cannot be another telco where the engineering bosses have such high and totally unjustified opinions of themselves. To be honest, their soi-disant expertise is a joke is most countries.

1. Richard Taylor 2
      Thumb Down

Re: BT Still Living Up To Customer Expectations

Enginurring - the managers don't have a clue

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: BT Still Living Up To Customer Expectations

They cannot possibly be worse than Cumcast

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can someone make Sky go offline every Sat/Sun afternoon?

I'm sure that there would be a lot of women with huge smiles on their faces all over the country.

1. frank ly

Re: Can someone make Sky go offline every Sat/Sun afternoon?

I'm not sure about that. It could be their chance to have some 'me' time or catch up with friends.

4. MIW

Coming soon

The new Consumer Rights Act, which kicks off in October, includes services and digital products alongside things made of atoms. BT are going to have real trouble with this sort of c**p.

5. Tubz Silver badge
    Stop

This is what you get when a bunch of overpaid, pen pushing, fat cat, old farts at the FA sell off the nations favourite game for money and screw the real fans, who can't afford a ticket to Wembley or BT broadband/sport.

They should be shown the red card and forced to resign for their incompetence, or are they above all this just like FIFA officials?

6. tin 2

This is also why delivery of TV over IP is *not* the future. Way too much to go wrong. BT are a shambles but if they can't do it...

1. FrogsAndChips Silver badge

Don't know much about TVoIP in the UK (only use Netflix and iPlayer), but it's existed in France for more than 10 years.

With any major ISP, a basic ADSL connection will give you at least 1 SD channel (easily 2 HD channels if you have VDSL or fibre), with a QoS that's much better than what you'll get with OTA or satellite. And in urban flats where it's a PITA to get an aerial or dish installed, especially if you're a tenant, TVoIP is often the only way to go.

So if the French can do it...

1. Fortycoats

Deutsche Telekom can manage to do it, too. I've had their IPTV service for over 5 years. I'm also subject to the "urban flat / no dish" restriction. Hardly ever had problems, or if there were, they were solved by the tried and tested IT solution: turn it (the set-top box) off and on again. Even a Sky subscription works, although I've ended mine because it was too expensive.

7. Dominion

I've given up bothering to watch BTSport. The picture quality is hopeless. I don't know if their pricing model means I'm subsidising a service that I don't use, but once my contract up next month I'll be looking around at switching to a telecoms provider that doesn't piss billions up the wall on pointless sports channels.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like