back to article Mobiles? What are they? Nokia immerses itself in virtual reality cameras

Always looking for a new angle, Nokia has launched itself into the movie equipment business with a 360-degree camera called OZO, capturing stereoscopic 3D video through eight synchronised global shutter sensors as well as spatial audio through eight integrated microphones. Without naming names, Nokia said: “The video can be …

1. Lars Silver badge
    Happy

Obvious

It's fairly obvious that a 150 year old company has made something else but cell phones in the past.

2. Blane Bramble

Does it come with a blast helmet and light sabre, or do you have to get them somewhere else?

1. Simon Rockman

That's just what I thought when I saw it

3. Sprismoid

At long last - 25 years after we set up Virtual Studios in London :) Talk about being too far ahead of your time.. Oh well!

Great news though - this kind of "scene VR" will be huge.

Anyone need an experienced VR developer?

Peter

4. Tapeador

Security applications

would be a use I'd be prepared to pay Nokia for something like this than virtual reality stuff. I'm paranoid about my car now and then, and 360 degree recording when parked up would be ideal.

1. TheOtherHobbes

Re: Security applications

The antigravity device to keep it hovering will be in the 2020 model, at a guess.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like