back to article Sysadmin Day 2015: Fun things to do – and prizes to win from El Reg

Friday, July 31 is 2015's Systems Administrator Appreciation Day, better known as Sysadmin Day. It is a day during which sysadmins feel sad that nobody remembers there is a day dedicated to them, and they go on being as unappreciated as every other day of the year. The exception being vendors and other sysadmins; they remember …

1. keithpeter Silver badge
    Pint

Woodman

"Birmingham sysadmins are invited to The Woodman, courtesy of the local makerspace group. Space is limited, so RSVP now."

If they have the upstairs room then its about 50 I reckon.

No jumping in the fountains afterwards mind...

Virtual pint to all who keep the wheels oiled...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

If you're a sysadmin, you don't need to play drinking games, you know how to do it already.

3. Dann

SysAdminDay UK

After the last nine years banging on, creating websites and pushing for, it is nice that Ted is finally being listened to. Sys Admin Day is a great idea and I have enjoyed being the UK voice for all these years. Now if you could all go to sysadminday.co.uk and like the page, that would be helpful.

4. Mark 85

Should we be using our normal cattle prods or our Sysadmin Day Commemorative Cattle Prods on Friday? Enquiring minds and all that....

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Check with your local event planners. There may be restrictions on voltages that determine which one you bring. ;)

5. Manaz

SysAdmin Day Social events in Australia

In Australia, SAGE-AU also has a few social events planned. Well, two to be precise:

Brisbane: http://www.meetup.com/SAGE-AU-QLD/events/224201296/

Sydney: http://www.meetup.com/SAGE-AU-NSW/events/224039972/

Of course, non-sysadmins can attend too, particularly if they wish to come along and pay homage to their sysadmin colleagues by shouting them food or drinks. :)

6. hatti
    Pint

Lock in

I'll drink to that

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon