back to article SPECTRE-tacular: New trailer out for Bond 24. But where's the pussy?

James Bond fans chomping at the bit to enjoy the forthcoming 24th cinematic outing for 007 can avail themselves of a light aperitif in the form of the full-length Spectre trailer. According to the blurb accompanying the vid: A cryptic message from the past sends James Bond on a rogue mission to Mexico City and eventually …

1. wyatt
    Thumb Up

Looking forward to it! If you view on youtube it runs onto another video about the Aston Martin+Jag, then one about design which are worth a few minutes.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No cat...

...no go see

1. stucs201
      Coat

Re: No cat...

No cat is so wrong for a Bond film. We used to get Pussy Galore.

1. Khaptain Silver badge

Even though Monica is ageing a bit, she is still an lovely piece of ......... woman ....... all Italian woman.

The trailer looks pretty good, action packed and sinister.... Can't wait for the torrent official release..

1. Unep Eurobats
          FAIL

No removable battery, no SD card...

I'll stick with my trusty George Lazenby thank you very much.

2. Stumpy

I haven't got pussy galore in years *sigh*

3. Sealand
    Go

Looking forward to it also.

Going back to the story origins with current movie tech is so the right thing to do.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

You mean if they don't have a book to borrow heavily from it turns out a bit naff?

See Quantum of Solace. And Skyfall (although I hear there some people who like that).

1. WonkoTheSane

It seems this turns QoS & Skyfall into a trilogy.

1. AMBxx Silver badge
          Thumb Down

Trilogy?

Surely just a remake of the same thing over and over again?

Like ground hog day - keep remaking the same film until people realise and stop paying.

2. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"Going back to the story origins with current movie tech is so the right thing to do."

I'm of the opposite opinion and can't see the point in re-doing a story already done that doesn't actually need new technology and new special effects.

A good sci-fi story that needs special effects and that can be improved with better, more realistic effects usually does work IMHO.

4. markowen58

One bit I did pick up on, thanks to a still over on the independent site, is that Waltz's character is wearing a Nehru suit. No white fluff on it though.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The cat thing is obvious.

That cat stroking scene was taped in an era before micro electronics.

Nowadays you have to be very, very careful with static electricity, and a James Bond with an earthing strap would just not look *quite* as fashionable.

Looking forward to this - I hope the story lives up to the quality of the actors in this one.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: The cat thing is obvious.

It's only a problem with fake cats - real cats would be properly earthed by having their claws embedded in your leg.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WTF...

Jim Moriarty is in charge of National Security?!! The games afoot...

7. Chozo

That's better..

nice to see Q branch have been busy

8. returnmyjedi
    Thumb Up

Contessa!

The snippet of music from On Her Majesty's Secret Service was rather wonderful but makes me wistful for John Barry and David Arnold's scores. Thomas Newman's score for Skyfall was as dull and generic as Adele's dreary theme song.

9. JustNiz

I'm glad they seem to be finally understanding that we don't want yet another remake of mission impossible.

What actually makes Bond so entertaining is all the 60's cliches, gadgets, comedy, caddish style, sports cars and blatantly sexist womanizing. More of all of that please.

10. Chris G

Exactly! All those un-PC things that made the Bond genre successful and on the PC side, Bond films have always had plenty of empowered women in them.

11. Zog_but_not_the_first
    Coat

A pity...

I was expecting it Mr Bond.

Mine's the silky one that sheds all over your carpet.

12. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Alert

Product Placement

Has Q branch given 007 an iWatch?

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No, Mr Bond ...

I expect you to d ... sorry, wrong villain.

14. NanoMeter
    Coat

I'm expecting

A galore of pussies in this movie!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon