back to article Backup upstart Code42 is in a world of Payne

Backup and file sync'n'sharer Code42's cofounder CEO has stepped back to bring in a pro to grow the upstart into the big time. Cofounder Matthew Dornquast is shifting to an undefined role as Joe Payne seats himself behind the chief exec's desk. Payne gets a presidential title as well. His CV must have made the Code42 board and …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

> "What did it do in 2015?"

We've had barely half of 2015, no?

2. cs94njw

Er.... I've just found these guys and enjoying the backup service they offer....

..... Please don't change please don't change please don't change!

1. launcap Silver badge

Been using Crashplan for years (one payment, no bandwidth limits like others I could mention (*cough* Carbonite - who still keep sending me begging emails) and a pretty good UI.

Main flaw - it uses Java for the engine.

3. Michael Hoffmann Silver badge

Headline scared crap out of me

CrashPlan is the ONE backup product I recommend to non-techie friends and family (and I'm talking of the level that would normally get them admitted to an Assisted Computing Facility) and which even they actually understand and can use.

Worst case, you can use the "Friends" mode and just have them pump they data to you and you bundle it into your own.

Please, just don't mess with that! It has saved me so many hours of "you know computers, I lost this file can you help me get it back?" and it truly just bloody works.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Code42 needs to be very careful here. Seeking profits above their unique-in-the-industry feature set has the potential to ruin them. I'll drop them for a home-grown alternative in a minute if they start dropping features or charging for storage to put themselves more in line with their competition.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like