back to article Practice makes perfect: NBN fibre deployments accelerate

Communications minister Malcolm Turnbull has jumped the gun on nbnTM's annual report, trumpeting that the company has exceeded its June 2015 performance targets. The long-anticipated acceleration of the fibre rollout was evident in February, when nbnTM announced its 2014-15 half-year results. The official full-year results are …

1. Jasonk

And yet we still have a little under 11mil premises to go for the 2016 target.

2. Paul 129
    Joke

Passby == bypass?

Each time I read the number of connections that the NBN pass by, it makes me chuckle...

The office next door in the CBD, state capital, just got on; YA!!!! 6 months with out a landline; copper was diconnected.

The NBN had incorrectly connected their service to another port.

The final go they had at fixing the problem required 10 business days for just the paperwork to go through the queue. They could even give an accurate breakdown to where it would be in the process. But I guess thats what you get when a decent sized national chain starts getting its hackles up.

Of course it was a Telstra/NBN job. Oh the digital phones are still cocked up of course, but they actually can make a call.

3. russsh

Details

More detail publicly available here on a weekly basis:

http://www.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/about-nbn-co/corporate-plan/weekly-progress-report.html

If it's any consolation, your "mainstream" media colleagues also seem to be unaware of this data source...

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Chewy on ya boot Malcolm

You stuffed it for everyone else.

Bah!

1. Black Betty

Re: Chewy on ya boot Malcolm

On the contrary. He achieved exactly what he set out to do. Give his mates the opportunity to do the same job twice.

The current project of bringing the network up to last generation standards. And then a second time delivering what was originally promised, five-ten years late, and massively over-budget.

5. DesktopGuy

Buggered waiting - got TPG in today to do site survey!

We have 2 new apartments going up in our area. They dug up the street and last week I noticed the TPG manhole covers.

I met up with PIPE networks techs onsite today and am hoping I can get FTTB for the building soon.

I have been checking the NBN site for a year and neither myself or ANY of my clients will get it inside 3 years judging by current build out plans.

100/20Mb is less than the Labour FTTP, but better then the new Lib MTM FTTN.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like