back to article Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata was MORE than a suit – he was a CODER

Nintendo president and CEO Satoru Iwata died late last week after a battle with cancer. Born on December 6, 1959, the 55-year-old Iwata headed up Nintendo from 2002 until the time of his death, but prior to leading the world's largest game house, Iwata had already established himself as an icon in the gaming world. In …

1. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
    Unhappy

"Please understand"

Given how horrible can be the people on internet some times, it's very nice to see that the life of Iwata-san is being universally celebrated and his untimely departure greatly mourned.

Not all of his decisions were good, of course. But it was very interesting to see how a coder, a techie risen from the ranks could steer such a big company with a lot more hits than misses.

He will be missed. and I, as dyed-in-the-wool Nintendo fan, I am really worried about the company's future after him.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Coder CEOs

I'd love to see some of the code that today's tech titans produced in the past. It would be like a little insight into how their minds work.

Off the top of my head: Bill Gates, Larry Ellison (early versions of Oracle), Larry and Sergey, Zuckerberg, ...

1. Solmyr ibn Wali Barad

Re: Coder CEOs

Here's little something

theregister.co.uk/2001/05/15/could_bill_gates_write_code/

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like