back to article HP: We aren't going to ship any products early next month

Hewlett-Packard will not ship any products during the first week of August as the organisation splits into two operational entities. The tech biz doesn’t legally separate until its new financial year from 1 November, but will function as two standalone firms from next month – PC and print in one, and everything else in the …

1. Nate Amsden

hopefully it works

as a customer.. i hope it goes pretty smooth. I remember the early compaq/hp days where the company I was at at the time basically anything from HP we had to have shipped UPS RED because it took so long to process, later were told it was mostly due to integration issues between hp/compaq. This went on for what seemed like at least a year.

1. Lamb0
      Pint

Re: hopefully it works

My friend’s custom "Business Class" Beema 6410 w/Win7 Pro64 notebook seems nice & meets his specific requirements at low co$t without the crappy consumer feel and mass market (Walmart/Best Buy) marketing compromises. Although the "custom" machine was projected to arrive in 7 to 10 Business days; it only took 5 for the notebook - 2days after the Win8.1 Pro64 DVD. That's pretty snappy service for rural Nebraska! I wish them well. It's nice to have choices. ;-)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

let me guess

the pallet division and the enormous cardboard box division

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Re: let me guess

Nailed it. I was just now thinking of their North American server factories.

2. Mpeler
      Unhappy

Re: let me guess

HP - Hewlett Packaging...

RIP HP

Bill and Dave must be (still) spinning in their graves...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like