back to article GhostShell back from the other side with mass data dump

The GhostShell hacker group is back in the headlines with a more mass dumps of data from poorly-secured sites. While Symantec says there's no particular country or sector targeted in the latest campaign, the South China Morning Post says major Hong Kong universities are among the victims. “In keeping with its previous modus …

1. jzl

Link

Out of curiosity, how is telling us where the link is any different to just linking to it?

I reckon that qualifies as a link of sorts, just not an HTML hyperlink.

1. Grifter

Re: Link

Mental Gymnastics - the workout that gives you the moral highground.

2. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

Re: Link EEJIT.

If it doesn't have a link nobody capable of interfering with it can find it.

Even I know that.

2. PassiveSmoking

PHP has had various mechanisms for sanitising user input and for generating prepared statements for years now, yet if you go on Stack Overflow you'll be inundated with endless streams of questions about database programming that include stuff like

$result = mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM someTable where someThing={$_GET['someValue']}");

It's infuriating to say the least. All these years of experience and Bobby Tables is still allowed to run rampant.

https://xkcd.com/327/

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Then there's all the people writing wordpress plugins with no SQL experience at all...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon