back to article 'Facebook without sin' attracts 0.00006 times as many users as Facebook

A social networking website built in Brazil is touting itself as a sin-free version of Facebook. Dubbed Facegloria, the Portuguese-language site prides itself on Christian values to connect users. The site vows to terminate users who offend "morals and good manners." According to BBC News, Facegloria has attracted 100,000 …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surprise!

"...prides itself on Christian values to connect users."

No one expects the inquisition!

1. Ole Juul

Re: Surprise!

The site vows to terminate users who offend "morals and good manners."

No selfies then.

1. Mark 85
        Devil

Not sure how they mean "terminate"... I guess it's best not to irritate them and find out since God is on their side.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
          Coat

Well, DUH!

Obviously they send a killer machine back through time to kill your parents.

2. Fred M

Religion get everywhere

Myself and some friends created the first ever social network here in the UK back in 2000 - the long-gone everyonesconected.com. Before we admitted defeat (by the US-based friendster, myspace, facebook. etc.) and we pulled the plug it was overrun by Christians. Some of them weirdly decided that it was a Christian site and would start telling other users what they should and shouldn't post. At least this one actually is.

1. Blane Bramble

Re: Religion get everywhere

sixdegrees was around pre-2000 and I used it from the UK.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You might have been more successful if you knew how to spell connected.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

...or if you knew that 'myself' is not a subjective noun.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Wet dream

I can imagine a world where we have a social network for each annoying type of social group...fashionistas, religious people, guns lovers, cat lovers, LGBT XYZ groups, Vegetarians, Miley Cirus alike, (even my type of person), it would be such a peaceful place...

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Wet dream

Usenet?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

We're almost there with dating sites. Farmers, cougars (not the Puma concolor kind), old people... seems like new ultra-specific sites are always showing up.

OTOH: Isn't Miley Cyrus a gun loving, cat loving, vegetarian, LGBT, religious, fashonista?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"OTOH: Isn't Miley Cyrus a gun loving, cat loving, vegetarian, LGBT, religious, fashonista?"

+1 for you :D. The world would be fine with her pestering in the aforementioned social networks :)

4. tony2heads
    Angel

sin-free version of Facebook

Does it also steal your personal information, or is it just the user who is not allowed to sin?

5. Yugguy

"Still" into Minecraft?

Is it something that has a time limit on enjoyment then?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like