back to article Amazon thinks Cloud will conquer Man by 2010

Amazon CTO Werner Vogels believes that cloud computing will be commonplace within two years. Before delivering his Wednesday morning keynote at Structure 08 here in San Francisco, Vogels looked ahead to a future incarnation of this cloud-obsessed mini-conference. "At Structure 10, the whole discussion will be different," he …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Linux

Two years is Ages in Computer Time

"Within two years, Papadopoulos said, 50 per cent of all enterprise apps would run in the cloud. We shall see."

You can bet that All Critical Infrastructure Command and Control Apps will be Virtualised with probably a lot of Shiny New Faces fronting Lumbering Giants, if they have Present Resources but not necessarily all the Future Skills.

2. Rolf Clayton

Nothing's new under the sun.

"Cloud computing"? What's new? In the late1960s the computing facility in the company I worked for was operated by a third party down the telephone line - all I had was a console. Plus ca change plus la meme chose.

3. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Virtualising the System for ITs Beta Controls in Advanced IntelAIgents

""Cloud computing"? What's new? In the late1960s the computing facility in the company I worked for was operated by a third party down the telephone line - all I had was a console. Plus ca change plus la meme chose." ... By Rolf Clayton Posted Friday 27th June 2008 10:28 GMT

Perfect. Veterans of an earlier campaign so they'll know all the command dodges and failings for Rightful Captcha of Cloud Central Control Servers.

Which is a pretty bold thing to say, if you think in IT.

And Paris because ....... well, in season, where's the reason.:-0 Love's the Immaculate Driver and XSSXXXXual Code her Pilot.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like