back to article 'Shut your head and be pheasant'

It appears that the now-legendary Rufus - he of Gadspot.com's battling tech support who called one customer a "a pain in the butt" then reserved the right to "server" him "for being mean" - has has become a torchbearer for obstreperous dictionary-dodgers worldwide. Yes indeed, try this anonymous recent comment to our original …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lmao

Thats inspirational :D go Rufus go... (and I truly mean it!)

2. Mike Morris

A Marvel...

... of spare time and energy. Addicting really.

Cheers,

Mike

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Addicting?

It's English captain, but not as we know it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

An old tongue twister

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's son

and I'm only plucking pheasants 'till the pheasant plucker comes.

Try it after a few beers...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Clothing Line

A search of Cafepress reveals nothing, however spreadshirt already appears to have one chap touting these words of wisdom: http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?op=article&article_id=5090962

6. Dillon Pyron

Goes into the forgotten past

Sure to push "bases" into the forgotten past.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Addicting

I'm seeing this all over the intertubes, very annoying. Some awful Yank neologism no doubt?

8. Tony

Thanks for the Friday

Chuckle of the Day. I really got a snort from the Pheasant Plucker.

Sincerely, A. Bucking Phonhed

(a really smart feller)

9. Daniel Ballado-Torres

Jedi support

Written by Rufus it is not. Yoda writing the comment it is!

Somehow it does sound like Yoda talk, except this commentator must have gone to the Daaaarrrk Side ;)

Now that I think of it, I wonder how would Yoda fare when pitted against broken Indian English ... or Chinese Engrish.

10. MishyMoshy

Mean-testy

'Shut your head and be pheasant' sounds quite Zen - maybe it's something only an oriental chap can achieve when mangling english into submission. It's like a headlong accident between a koan and english as she is spoken.

Joyful, I admire him with wildfowl honourably.

11. nick soph

A Guide For Users - Dealing With Technical Support Staff

Rufus brings up an interesting point, how to treat customers who are both open topped and not phesant. but I'd rather start a conversation about what we would like our customers to do to make it a better interaction.

A Guide For Users - Dealing With Technical Support Staff

Please be aware that computers are immensley complicated - more so than engineers.

If the computer has developed a fault, it is often best to turn off the machine and restart it before calling the support line.

Even if the rebooting solved the problem the problem should be reported.

Helpdesk staff are rarely experts in all the areas that relate to your issue.

Mention early in the call if the item has ever worked and try and think if anything else might be relevant, eg. there's a powercut or you dropped it down the stairs.

Follow instuctions and report back on your progress with plenty of verbal confirmation and interaction.

If you want to know, ask and if you are uninterested try and be polite - sometimes engineers need to talk things thru to clarify their own thoughts and are rarely gifted with the ability to properly judge the level of detail each caller would like to hear.

Please add/amend

This topic is closed for new posts.