back to article Azure Australia went TITSUP for about seven hours

Microsoft's Azure service is experiencing TITSUP - Total Inability To Support Usual Performance - for some Australian users. The company's status page says “Starting at approximately 01:03 UTC [11:03 AM, Sydney] on 3 July, 2015 customers with Azure services hosted in Australia East may experience inability to connect to their …

1. hplasm
    Happy

Well...

Azure IS the colour of a sky without clouds in it...

2. Ben Rose
    Megaphone

There's no such thing as "the cloud"...

...it's just somebody else's computer.

In this case, that computer doesn't work right now.

Outsourcing at its best.

3. mathew42
    Linux

Yet again

I feel very sorry for those in IT support who have been hassled by CEOs because webapps are down.

It would be interesting to know if the revenue includes deductions for penalties paid by Microsoft to clients for failing to meet the SLA.

Is anyone tracking the availability of the various cloud environments?

1. razorfishsl

Re: Yet again

They keep their 'up ' figures indefinitely, but service outages 'disappear' from their tracking after 30 days......

4. Trixr

So, given the amount of comments here, the $50 meeeeelllion that MS are allegedly doing in business from the Aussie Azure must be from very few customers...

(Actually, I know of a few govvie departments with bits and bobs there, but nothing truly LOB. Yet.)

5. Griffo

Impact?

I have dozens if not hundreds of customers on Azure in Australia. I have not heard a single complaint. If you look at the status boards of all major cloud providers, there's almost always some degraded service somewhere - i think you should really have waited to understand the impact of this outage before making it your largest article on the site. It could have been as little as a small percentage of customers, or it could have been significant. But so far I have seen two whole tweets on the matter, and this front page article. Scoop, or mountain out of a molehill?

1. Ron Pitts

Re: Impact?

Griffo actually I think the outage affected prepaid customers only !!!

Assuming your customers are on a EA agreement?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like