back to article New racks, cables for aging and neglected data centres

Enterprises are shuttering their smaller data centres, but are opting to shift to larger upgraded facilities rather than shifting the whole shebang to the cloud. 451 Research’s Voice of the Enterprise: Datacenters survey found that in Q2 a whacking 87 per cent of data centre operators in Europe and North America are …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"after all, birth, death and taxes are the only inevitabilities in life."

It's entirely possible to die before you're born. It happens to lots of people. In fact it's done deliberately to hundreds of thousands of people each year in the UK alone.

1. joed

I'd also take birth out of equation albeit for different reason (though likely impacted by taxes). The proof is in demographic trends of "better of" countries.

2. phuzz Silver badge

Moving to your own datacenter rather than 'the cloud'

All you do is, tell management that you're moving servers into "a private cloud", and then just put them into a datacenter.

Out of site, out of mind.

3. aregross

I Spy an OKIData dot matrix printer in there!

1. Fatman
      Joke

RE: I Spy an OKIData dot matrix printer in there!

Still holding the last 2K of the report that caused the head carriage to jam; sitting all the while for someone to come in and un-jam it.

Waiting!

Waiting!

Waiting!

Waiting!

Waiting!

Waiting!

"Will someone EVER fix me?"

2. Ole Juul

show and tell

I Spy an OKIData dot matrix printer in there!

I saw that, but couldn't find anything else that I knew. Anybody else see something they can put a name to?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like