back to article Orange hurls €90m at Israel's Partner to end political bunfight

Orange has been caught in a political storm after trying to stop Israeli mobile network Partner Communications from using its name. The company uses the brand because it received funding from, but was not owned by, Hutchison Whampoa, which launched the Orange brand in the UK several years ago. When Orange (then the UK's third …

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Coffee/keyboard

Geee... I wonder who is behind this lawsuit?

“I am ready to abandon this tomorrow morning, but the point is that I want to secure the legal risk for the company. I want to terminate this ... but I don’t want to expose Orange to a level of risk and of penalties that could be really sizable for the company.”

It is really unacceptable that this person is calling for the destruction of Israel!

Richard apologised for the comments and travelled to Israel to build bridges.

Good. Good! Let's see you do some groveling, young Jedi!

that would take some real chutzpah

I am sure you will find that that's one of the things that is not in danger of running low in the only democracy in the Middle East.

1. Velv
      Flame

Re: Geee... I wonder who is behind this lawsuit?

Israel is not a democracy.

When you have different classes of citizen who have different rights you are not a democracy.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
        FAIL

Re: Velv Re: Geee... I wonder who is behind this lawsuit?

"....When you have different classes of citizen who have different rights...." I suggest you go do some actual reading on the matter (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_citizens_of_Israel#Politics). Arab Israeli citizens, both Christian and Muslim, have full rights as Israeli citizens and can vote in all Israeli elections, and Arab-Israelis have been elected to the Israeli parliament.

2. Mage Silver badge
    Black Helicopters

New Name?

Jaffa?

Roughly transliterates as Yaffo (Hebrew name for English speakers).

Or some hebrew pun

Instant coffee is roughly "Kafe Nes", as "nes" in Hebrew means miracle.

3. Otto is a bear.

40m for a study

Some study.

1. Velv

Re: 40m for a study

It's being headed up by Sepp Blatter

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like