back to article Yikes! Facebook will run on TELEPATHY, thinks Zuck, in Q&A

Not content with wading into virtual reality with his Oculus gobble, Facebook kingpin Mark Zuckerberg wants you to be able to update your Facebook status with the unaided power of your mind - or so the Behoodied One said in a Q&A session on Tuesday. "One day, I believe we'll be able to send full rich thoughts* to each other …

1. Mark 85

"One day, I believe we'll be able to send full rich thoughts to each other directly using technology,"

Somehow the concept of "rich thoughts" and "Facebook" seem to be somewhat at odds with each other.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I think Mark [Zuckerberg, sadly not 85] will get yet richer?

And (stealing from a palaeolithic Steve Bell cartoon on trickle-down economics) if he uses that wealth to eat an enormous meal and then farts at the end it creates a richer atmosphere for us all.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One day I believe....

Facebook will implode like Myspace and Bebo did, and no one will even remember who this 'dumb fcuk' was.... Zuck's biz model is just not sustainable, its just taking longer for something else to come along and replace it... But it'll happen eventually, and someone, probably with a more privacy minded approach to social networking model, will smash these guys...

1. Andrew Richards

Re: One day I believe....

Possibly - but isn't it so much larger than those? Who did you know on MySpace? Who do you know that isn't on Facebook?

Still might happen as a generational thing. If your parents (and grandparents) are on FB then NewShiny.com might be more appealing...

3. FozzyBear

"One day, I believe we'll be able to send full rich thoughts to each other directly using technology,"

Me, I use my phone

1. DropBear
      Pint

Oh, I use advanced technology to do that, too. That device over there ("glass", they call it?) --->

2. ravenviz Silver badge
      Facepalm

Small thinking

Why not just go the next step and take the technology out of the equation completely?

Oh, hang on, that's called conversation.

4. Teiwaz

Telepathy is the future of facebook?

But not 'telepathy' the open source software framework I'd hazard a guess.

5. Gray Ham Bronze badge
    Stop

Share my innermost thoughts on FB?

You first, Mark ...

6. Zog_but_not_the_first
    Happy

Twitter foreseen?

" the Belcerebons of Kakrafoon Kappa in Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, who were cursed with telepathy and had to chatter tweet incessantly to hide their thoughts"

7. frank ly

We're all algorithms

"I'm also curious about whether there is a fundamental mathematical law underlying human social relationships that governs the balance of who and what we all care about," he said. "I bet there is."

"And I bet I can monetise it."

8. Douchus McBagg
    Joke

a grand fundemental law of human relationships?

not sure it's that mathematical, but it's well known.

garbage in = garbage out.

1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Re: a grand fundemental law of human relationships?

garbage in = Facebook out

FTFY :)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh, yes, please

Originally I thought it would take an exceptionally fresh day in Hell before I'd let Zuck near my brain, but I then realised what would happen.

There's no way he'd be able to handle that, so maybe the sooner the better, mwahahaha... :)

No, no, thanks, I'll be off my meds for a bit, thanks.

10. Grikath

how about .... "NO!" ?

hmyeah... unfortunately that means technology that would need to bypass my normal modes of input and my personal internal firewall filters ( which I've nicknamed "Common Sense") . I really don't think I'll be picking up on that one. I prefer the airgap between a retina screen and my own retina, thankyouverymuch.

11. Robert D Bank

Knobs

here's a rich thought Zucker.....'time fa coffee!'

NSA would love to be hoovering up our thoughts along with everything else

12. Ken 16 Silver badge
    Big Brother

We can send rich full thoughts to each other

It's just we can't receive them.

1. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: We can send rich full thoughts to each other

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.

Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man; But will they come when you do call for them?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like