back to article Microsoft's curious Sway comes to iPad and iPhone

Microsoft has released Sway for Apple's iPad and iPhone, and will follow up with an app for Windows 10 "later this summer". Sway is part of the Office family and lets users create presentations that format themselves using elements, known as cards, containing text, images, video and charts. These use embedded content from …

1. Hollerith 1

What online content does it let you help yourself to?

So a senior manager who fancies himself a PowerPoint designer will grab this, go harvest a lot of images from Flickr or similar and present to a board meeting with stuff he 'found on Google'?

I can see Brand and Compliance and Legal all having heart-attacks.

1. Rallicat

Re: What online content does it let you help yourself to?

The default image search in this is Creative Commons stuff - free to use images.

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
    Devil

Oh the silly names. My eyes! My eyes!

So someone Skyped me that they've had a tweet to go on Yammer and look at someone's Sway about this new product, which is going to allow you to present things in a way that Google's Wave might have done if they hadn't axed it, which will save you from putting your stuff on Flickr, Pinterest or Vine.

I thought I could stop learning new languages and doing vocab tests when I left school. Seemingly not. Perhaps I should write a stiff letter to The Times, or maybe telephone Feedback on the BBC Home Service - as the wireless is a much more modern medium on which to air my complaint.

Yours,

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

1. Warm Braw

Re: Oh the silly names. My eyes! My eyes!

At least "Sway" will raise fewer eyebrows in the Netherlands than "Yammer" or "Flickr"...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

My Dutch is a little rusty, please do enlighten us.

1. JLV

Jammer = "too bad"

And the following may enlighten you re a certain photo sharing apps, from the root "fikken", I believe. Applies to German as well.

echo Flicker | sed s/i/u/ | sed s/l//

echo Flick | sed s/i/u/ | sed s/l//

Sorry, slow Friday ;-)

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

"echo Flick | sed s/i/u/ | sed s/l//"

Ahh, thought so. Incidentally I believe fikken and fokken (I think that's right) are implicated as potential roots for the English "fuck". No need for sed 8)

3. ZenCoder

Clearly you are not optimally leveraging your cloudsourced assets.

@Not Spartacus.

You lack of emotional business intelligence and failure to embrace dynamic paradigm shift with synergistic skill set agility clearly shows that you are still thinking outside the box while your competitors are clearly focusing on the corners of the cube.

You will definitely not going to to be nominated for this years award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence.

1. Katie Saucey
      Holmes

Re: Clearly you are not optimally leveraging your cloudsourced assets.

I couldn't have said it more cromulently myself.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Re: Clearly you are not optimally leveraging your cloudsourced assets.

you are still thinking outside the box while your competitors are clearly focusing on the corners of the cube

Shouldn't this be the converse? You seem to not have been uptodated with the most recent evolutions in the memetic ecosphere. You better watch out because office remodeling using ageist argumentation happens to people who have been out of the loop for even small amounts of Internet years faster than you will be able to tweet "I'm being rightsized".

4. levesqs

Deja vu???

Sounds like Apple old Hypercard to me...

By the way , that failed too...

Steve

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like