back to article US govt: Am I the only one around here who cares about DNS security and stability?

The US government has signaled its concern yet again over plans to give ICANN full control of the vital mechanisms that keep the internet held together. In a blog post, published just days before a meeting of domain-name overseer ICANN in Buenos Aires, Uncle Sam's assistant commerce secretary Larry Strickling repeated his …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

ICANN needs to be canned

All its personnel, and board, should be fired and replaced by an entirely new group of people who are actually concerned about making the Internet work correctly.

Burning the bridge is not always a solution, I know, but this is no longer an organization working for the community - it is a group of people systematically subverting everything they consider counter to their private interests, and such behavior should be labelled criminal and pursued as such.

The bare minimum is to get ICANN out of California. Ship them to New York or something, where they won't have it so easy in every way.

1. Naselus

Re: ICANN needs to be canned

"All its personnel, and board, should be fired and replaced by an entirely new group of people who are actually concerned about making the Internet work correctly."

I don't think it'd help much, tbh. ICANN's issues are largely structural; any group of people given a similar lack of accountability and extra-ordinarily hierarchical internal organization will end up much the same regardless of location.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like