back to article Silicon Valley season closer: Would you like fried servers with that?

The final episode of season two of Silicon Valley was a blast: almost literally. The HBO show has already been picked up for a third season, but right up to the last second, this fun and fast-paced episode had you wondering whether the whole thing was going down to melt down into nothing but hot metal and charred Ethernet …

1. Richard Lloyd

Apart from technical errors in episode 8, season 2 was great

I must applaud Silicon Valley for making the second season as enjoyable as the first (and including knob gags - whiteboard in season 1, monkey in season 2 - for laugh out loud moments). Perhaps season 2 episode 8's tequila bottle technical errors were the worst out of all 18 episodes, but that doesn't diminish that this is the best TV comedy I've seen since the much-missed 30 Rock finished (another lampooning insider show).

BTW, season 3 has some new writers and a new producer - see:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/blog/techflash/2015/05/new-writers-producercoming-for-season-3-of-hbos.html

Hopefully, the show wil continue to keep up its high standards.

1. Christian Berger

Re: Apart from technical errors in episode 8, season 2 was great

Well as we now know those errors had to be in there, otherwise "deleting your own code" wouldn't have been plausible.

Other than that I find it less plausible for someone just to have one laptop. Laptops are so cheap these days everybody in the IT business should be able to afford an emergency one, or keep their old one when they buy a new one.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

God, I miss multicast.

3. Terafirma-NZ

on another front the arbitration was for the old code that was deleted at TechCrunch before they went "middle out" so couldn't the whole case have been dropped?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meh

I'm guessing I'm in the minority in that I couldn't care less about this show, it's about as realistic as the Kardashians and I find that I care about it just as little (yes I do know it's a scripted show rather than a fake reality one).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Meh

Agreed. While I have the time, I have zero interest in television comedies. Make that US made. Now I must add downlodable or some sorts of binge watching. Otherwise I can live with not having a clue around pop culture. For that, the Gallic shrug is fitting.

5. mrvco

I watched season one and found it a bit too on the nose and sitcomie for my tastes. It had a few moments of promise early on, but it steadily devolved into the absurd.

6. Graham Marsden
    Mushroom

I watched the start of the first episode of this "comedy"...

... and found the humour crass, the writing poor, the dialogue tedious and the characters unlovable.

Give me the Big Bang Theory any day!

7. Graham Jordan

Game of Thrones

I've been more excited about Silicon Valley this year than I have with GoT. Even now I'm finding myself pondering what next for the lads of California more so than "WTF!" for the nights of the watch.

Love this show, hilarious.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Had to point two big plot mistakes

Since I have been through both the arbitration and investors trying to remove the CEO, I had to point two simple issues:

1. The legal concept of severability. Normally if the clause in the contract which is illegal in some jurisdiction only this clause is voided, not the whole contract. What this means is the employment contract with Hooli normally would still be considered legal contract with the exception of the clause prohibiting seeking employment.

2. Board cannot hold an "emergency" meeting without informing the other board members. Because of this Aviga decision is non-binding. Furthermore, existing board needs to confirm the stock sale as well the new board member election, so new Aviga board members cannot even vote yet. Since Aviga shown has hand before it was properly done, company board members can postpone CEO removal for a really long time. If they get a good lawyer, they can do this almost indefinitely.

1. Christian Berger

Re: Had to point two big plot mistakes

Well 2 can be explained away. They may have gotten an e-mail which went into the spam folder, or may otherwise have been ignored when they were partying. The episode showed that happening previously.

9. Oli 1

Loved season 1, but two started a bit slow, but ended on such a high just like the first!

Each episode makes me literally laugh out loud, something that has been missing from TV Comedy for so long!

Very glad theyre back for season 3

Its non-sense, but i like it!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Never seen it, never will.

In fact hadn't even heard of it until two weeks ago.

Yawn.

That is all.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like