back to article Activist shareholder Elliott spotted lurking on Citrix parade route with rain cannon

Activist investor Elliott Management has turned its sights on Citrix and things look as though they may turn ugly for the software firm’s management team - and its global legion of channel partners. The hedge fund yesterday revealed that it owns 7.1 per cent of Citrix stock, making it the largest single investor, and wasted no …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is the headline writer auditioning for "Private Eye"?

The rich vein of coined euphemisms is in the league of "taking out an onion" - proceed with such foolishness forthwith! (especially in connection with topics that truly bring a tear to the eye)

2. Steve_R1979

72 pence a share???

1. jonathanb Silver badge

Yahoo finance quotes a price of 71.91 at the time of writing. As it is quoted on Nasdaq, not London, the unit of currency is likely to be the US Dollar rather than the British Penny.

3. Snowy Silver badge
    WTF?

If...

You do not like how the company is run do not buy shares it in.

While the "plan" he as may increase the short term share price it may not do much for the companies long term survival.

1. Mark 85

Re: If...

I don't think you understand the Elliot method. It's much like the Icahn one... Much like jackels, they isolate the perceived weak company, and attack. Once it's ripped to shreds and they have what they want (profit), they move on to next victim leaving the first one dying a slow death. There's no long term survival in their minds, only short term goals. As for ethics, they'd sell their mothers to the highest bidders for a profit.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: If...

Indeed, these guys are just corporate butchers want nothing more than to isolate parts of a company and get them split off and they sell everything and GTFO with the profits leaving the parent to fairly quickly decline.

4. happycamper247

Good!

This is the worst company I have ever worked for with the worst management team. I look forward to their demise.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Go go go Ellott!!

Not before time. Totally agree with every part of the summary comments made by Elliott about Citrix management structures, channel coverage and diverse product sets. They are a classic case of a bloated software company that has forgotrten the need to invest properly in R&D and is now spread so widely they do not know which way is up or down. The changes made earlier in the year were superficial and not very accurate andto have appointed the most ineffective spreadsheet jockey in sales history as VP of Global Sales supports the prognosis!! They need growth not macro. And given he hates customers and partners, I think it unlikely they will achieve either. There are a lot of Ivory Towers at Citrix and I sense they may stat toppling over under Elliott pressure.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like