back to article Cisco spins CERN partnership

Cisco is joining CERN’s openlab, in a partnership The Borg says will help secure the huge computing infrastructure the LHC-operator needs to run. The vendor's participation will start with CERN and Cisco putting together a team to develop highly secure computing infrastructure technologies capable of dealing with massive …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah, sure

The vendor's participation will start with CERN and Cisco putting together a team to develop highly secure computing infrastructure technologies capable of dealing with massive amounts of data.

Ah. Another US company "helping" with security. Reminds me of the Swiss Crypto AG affair.

What's the matter, afraid that CERN discovers something interesting without sharing?

1. Yes Me Silver badge

Re: Yeah, sure

I think you've been confused by the inclusion of buzzwords like "highly secure". Who would dare put out a press release that *didn't* say "highly secure"? CERN has been buying Cisco kit since, oh, 1987 or '88. It's only fair that Cisco should give a bit back.

What I find truly amazing is the *absence* of the buzzwords "software defined networking."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like