back to article NY, Connecticut investigate Apple for Music service violations

Although Apple has barely thrown back the covers on its Apple Music streaming service, it is already facing anti-trust investigations from two US states. According to the New York Times, attorneys general in New York and Connecticut are investigating whether Apple has pressured record labels – or colluded with them – to …

1. Shadow Systems

Apple sucks schweaty monkey bung.

No particular reason, I just felt like finding out how fast the Apple Fans will-

*Strangled scream, bonking noises, hammering sounds, various construction noises, pleads for mercy, & the bleating of a goat*

No Carrier.

1. Dana W

Re: Apple sucks schweaty monkey bung.

No, sour grapes get old after while. Why sue Apple? Lawyers sue where them money is.

1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Re: Apple sucks schweaty monkey bung.

Lawyers sue where them money is.

It appears there is no big difference in motivation between lawyers and bankrobbers then :)

2. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: Why sue Apple?

Why not sue Apple?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. sabroni Silver badge

re: In the 1990's, I used to have a 486 recording the audio output of VH-1 and VIVA....

... on a rolling loop just in case a decent song came on.

Well don't leave us hanging! Has one come on yet?

3. Wam

Grammar

Nice use of the attorney general plural Mr. contributor!

4. sabroni Silver badge

Taylor Swift withdrew her music from Spotify in protest against the freemium model.

Not really. She withdrew it because they didn't pay enough. Whether the money comes from Ads or Subscriptions is irrelevant. She didn't say "the moneys fine but I hate advertising".

Is the rest of the article equally sloppy?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Taylor Swift withdrew her music from Spotify in protest against the freemium model.

At least one of the streaming pioneers (maybe it was Spotify) negotiated a lower rate for tracks played for freemium users. That may be part of Swift's issue if she's making less from all the cheapskates.

5. Raumkraut

The Taylor Swift withdrawal method

Most notably, pop star Taylor Swift withdrew her music from Spotify in protest against the freemium model.

I heard that Swift removed her music from Spotify so that people would be more likely to buy it outright, which would be more profitable. Though I'm sure she did, in fact, do it entirely out of principle, and the imminent release of her new album at the time was purely coincidence.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The Taylor Swift withdrawal method

I wish more artists of her calibre were as principled. We don't deserve them, we really don't.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like