back to article 'Nobody owns 'ol Sol. Now gimme €10k to keep it that way, suckers'

This week, the US government got hacked, while Microsoft lost a very big customer and venture capitalists took aim at patent trolls. These were some of the best quotes of the week. Spaniard Angeles Duran has staked a claim to ownership of ol' Sol, and now she's fighting eBay for the right to sell the big, burny thing in the …

1. Teiwaz

Is this a typo? Or am I just not awake yet?

"Privacy above all other things, including safety and freedom from terrorism, is not where we want to go."

I read this as 'privacy (among other things) and safety and freedom from terrorism is not where we want to go'

1. Sir Sham Cad

Re: Is this a typo? Or am I just not awake yet?

I read that as exactly the sort of thing a spook would say:

Privacy concerns, over and above the things we tell you to be concerned about instead, are not something we give a shit about.

At least he's honest.

2. SirMunchAlot

Owning Sol may not be all it's cracked up to be.

I for one will be suing Duran every time I get sunburn :-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Owning Sol may not be all it's cracked up to be.

I bet you only went outside to watch the night fall with the rain. Were you looking at planet Earth?

BTW, if she doesn't answer your legal action, try calling her a second time.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. disgruntled yank

the sun

There is a time-honored tradition for laying claims to this and that bit of territory, much practiced by Spaniards at one time: sail there, plant a flag, hold a ceremony, leave a placque. What's stopping Sra. Duran?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like