back to article Bin bods Brabantia breached, customer passwords trashed

Brabantia, the Dutch company most well known for making steel bins, has been hacked within the last 24 hours, and customer details may have been exposed. An email Brabantia has sent to consumers explains that "as part of our routine monitoring, we have been made aware that our database accounts have been subject to …

1. 's water music

dumpster phishing

A nice list of people who are well off enough to be buying relatively expensive bins and net-unsavvy enough to give out their email address to their an org that was only going to use it to spam them if not to lose it to crackers as they now have. Useful for an upmarket 419 operation

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: dumpster phishing

"net-unsavvy enough to give out their email address to their an org that was only going to use it to spam "

Or to inform them of a delivery date, confirmation of order and VAT invoice ?

But you are right about over priced.

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Compared to that US agency which only knew they'd been hacked sometime before April to detect this within 24 hours looks almost good. But it still shouldn't have happened.

3. BigBruce

I forwarded this to the register last night when I received it.

As it happens I have started to receive far more spam messages over the last TWO days so I wonder if it is linked in any way.

Bruce

4. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Must be a government hack.

Obviously a "black bag" operation.....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like