back to article Sorry we called you a fatty, say Kiwi spies to Kim 'Slim Jim' Dotcom

New Zealand's spy-boss has said sorry after her intelligence agents branded MegaUpload's svelte supremo Kim Dotcom a "fatty." The groveling apology came from Security Intelligence Service chief Rebecca Kitteridge after the New Zealand Herald obtained and published correspondence between g-men poking fun at spindly Dotcom. " …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Do you trust your law enforcement body?

I know I don't trust mine and from what I read I wouldn't trust the bodies in NZ/USA either.

You want to be trusted, behave properly, It's not difficult.

2. veti Silver badge

At least they're public

How many internal "secret" emails have you seen released by the DHS lately? Or GCHQ?

Incidentally, the link in the story seems to point to something completely unrelated.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Assets

They may be frozen, but I doubt they'll ever separate Kim Dotcom from his assets.

1. PleebSmash
      Pirate

Re: Assets

Kim Dotcom will drop 100 kilos and make Mega hotcakes by selling his Mega weight loss secrets.

4. Charles Manning

Anyone want this guy?

Us Kiwis have had enough of him.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Anyone want this guy?

There are not that many US Kiwis, but the ones I know have no issue with Dotcom.

I presume you are not referring to NZ Kiwis because you don't personally know them?

1. Charles Manning

I'm a kiwi. All the kiwis I know would be glad to see Dotcom gone. Heck, most would supply the duct tape and help lift him into the hold of the next USA-bound cargo plane.

He certainly does have an echo chamber of fans, but they really don't support him at all. His two political vanity projects last year got zero support:

Only a few hundred signed up to his daft vote pledge.

His Internet/Mana party got better votes in the previous election before he was involved and "helped" them.

Even his ex-politician mates hate him and think he lied and manufactured "evidence". When even the politicians don't want to be your friend anymore, you've hit the bottom of the barrel.

The only people who seem to like him are the stroppy kids who liked his parties and don't care when he lies.

1. e^iπ+1=0

YYeah but obviously someone grooves mega.co.nz (or whatever) enough to not shut that down.

Hmm

5. JaitcH
    Happy

If DotCom is ...

single, possibly he could solve his immigration challenges by marrying a Kiwi.

6. Mark 85
    Joke

But, but, but,...

He is fat. They were telling the truth for once.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Traffic offenses?

Wow, transparent much? Bet he'd be the first person in history deported because he got a few speeding tickets.

1. LucreLout

Re: Traffic offenses?

You'd think so, but a quick Google reveals that to not be the case. People have been deported from all over the world, includng the UK, for traffic violations. Which was certainly an eye opener for me - every day's a school day.

2. Charles Manning

Re: Traffic offenses?

This was not a "few speeding tickets". This was driving 149km/h in a 50km/h residential zone.

That shows gross disregard for the safety of the people you're hoping to receive you as a fellow citizen.

Buggered if I know how he escaped immediate arrest.

8. thomas k.

C'mon, Reg

Sure, Kim is a dick. He's also grossly, if not morbidly, obese and while it's ok to acknowledge that fact, making snarky comments on his size really makes you no better than the SIS. Grow up.

9. Breen Whitman

It seems trivial but utmost professionalism is a requirement if not a right.

Remember we are talking NZ law enforcement who have been caught doing such things as framing people by burying bullet casings on people's properties then digging them up as conclusive evidence.

Within the last week a new zealand woman received royal honors for her campaigning. She was systematically gang raped by police officers some years ago.

Is calling someone a fatty worth the fuss? Maybe not. But done in an environment of one of the most corrupt law enforcement systems in the world. Then....yes.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

perhaps the headline should have been

Inbred sheep shaggers upset sweaty ham beast!

Just for balance of course.....

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Re: perhaps the headline should have been

"Inbred"; The sheep, the shaggers or both?

1. asiaseen

Re: perhaps the headline should have been

Cross-bred, surely?

11. Grikath
    Devil

to be fair...

Given that the guy is full of bloat and hot air, his actual weight might be less than his physique indicates..

Anybody got a pin?

1. LucreLout
      Joke

Re: to be fair...

Won't help; They've been trying to pin stuff on him for years! Da-dum-tish.

1. Christopher W
        Flame

Re: to be fair...

Sadly he's so greasy though that nothing sticks for long. We need to make him stand naked in a prison courtyard while someone turns the high pressure hose on him.

Kim Schmitz has always been a horrible, repellent individual. No "champion of the individual", no libertarian standardbearer for individual rights and freedoms as some mistakenly thought him to be, he's just a freeloader with wanton disregard for civil society. He profiteered off the backs of many with no regard for the implications...

12. Dan Wilkie

It is true though, he is both a fatty and a tool.

I'm just saying,...

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Really?

The word "fat" is an accurate physical description of this grossly obese individual. There is no shaming in stating the truth that the man is "fat". It's just a legitimate statement of fact..

14. Jan 0 Silver badge

Delusional?

What does he see when he looks in a mirror?

Is he the antithesis of anorexia? (Totally unaware of his true size.)

Does he see himself as a healthy human being?

No matter how noxious the NZ spies may be, how is it inappropriate to call a morbidly obese individual a fatty?

15. The last doughnut
    Pint

Here is a man who appears to give not a f*** about what anyone says about him, his girly name or his physical appearance and for that alone I salute him. Have one on me, Kim

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like